Can't join a friend's max raid battles?

1. Usually I can join a max raid battle with anyone, and even host one with anyone. However, when I try to join a friend, their message usually says "Come on everybody! Join me as allies! Let's start a max battle raid!" And there isn't an option to join. Is there anything me or my friend has to do?

User Info: kirarothus

kirarothus - 1 month ago

1. You may both be on different Wild Area News, which could cause problems connecting. Just update the news via Mystery Gift in the menu. The other thing I can think of is maybe one of you is online while the other is offline.

User Info: shinryu_omega

shinryu_omega (Expert) - 1 month ago 3   0

Answers

1. I believe that notification in your feed means they're currently in a max raid battle. Make sure to keep refreshing if you're certain they're hosting a raid

User Info: Vernacious

Vernacious (Expert) - 1 month ago 0   0
  2. You cannot enter a specific Max Raid Battle, unfortunately, unless it pops up on your feed: so, if you and your friends are playing locally, your best bet to join each other's Raids is to not be connected to the Internet so that only your Raids pop up on your feed, so you can't miss them; otherwise, it's up to chance whether or not you'll pop up on each others' feeds (although having them as registered friends on your Switch should give priority over Stamps from randoms online).

Otherwise, if you're already trying the local thing and you still can't see each other's Stamps, then that indeed means you're on different Wild Area News Events, which means, as shinryu_omega said, that you need to update them from the Mystery Gift section.

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93 (Expert) - 1 month ago 0   0