Gigantamax Meowth & Snorlax?

1. I have no idea what to categorize this question as -_-'

I just got Sword a few days ago, and - since I'm late to the party now - I'm just wondering if it's still possible at this point to get either Gigantamax Meowth or Snorlax? I understand that the distribution period for them is over, but I'm wondering if they're able to be traded at all? Or are they considered "special" and the game won't let you trade them?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm just very new to all of this; specifically Gigantamax Pokémon. I appreciate your responses! Thank you.

User Info: justinburchette

justinburchette - 1 week ago

1. If you're up to date on the Wild Area News, you cannot get them anymore, at this point in time, but you can still Trade for them.

Specifically, G-Max Meowth was a Special Event downloadable for a certain period of time around the game's release, while G-Max Snorlax was a Wild Area Event, and was part of the last one too, so, if you haven't updated, yet, you can still technically find it.

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93 (Expert) - 1 week ago 1   0
  2. I see, thanks for answering my questions. I didn't realise Snorlax was a wild area event so... yeah I updated that unfortunately :( hopefully they'll bring back the Meowth distribution at some point. Mostly I was just wondering if either of them COULD be traded, because I know certain pokemon are marked as "special" and can't be. Anyway, thank you very much! :)

User Info: justinburchette

justinburchette - 1 week ago

1. To expand on the previous answer slightly, any Pokemon you can get in Sword/Shield (including transfer via Home) can be traded from a Sword/Shield game to another Sword/Shield game. Trading in Home is much more limited. (I personally have extra G-Max Snorlax for trade eventually, but have issues preventing me from trading with most people right now and can't exactly go to a good wifi hotspot where I can trade, thanks to the coronavirus.)

User Info: EdrickV

EdrickV - 1 week ago 1   0
  2. I understand, thanks for clarifying. Stay safe! It's crazy everywhere right now :(

User Info: justinburchette

justinburchette - 1 week ago
  3. Yeah, I guess I ended up not explaining the Trading thing: Mythicals and, iirc, in this game the three Galar Legends as well cannot be *Surprise* Traded, but normal Trades are all fair game for everything, there's never been a restriction on that.

Other than that, another kind of restriction I guess could be applied/triggered if you try to trade something online that has illegal Moves on it and the like, but iirc it has to be badly hacked for it to cause the trade not to go through or to cause problems (in fact, I think this is the way some "jokers" were causing trouble sometime ago, sending badly hacked Pokémon online to crush other people's games).

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93 - 1 week ago