How to tell if a pokemon is legit?

1. I received a Manchamp in trade today that seems too good to be true. It's level 100, shiney dinamaxed, in a beast ball, holding a master ball. It said it was caught wild, at level 60 in a raid, I don't remember which off hand. The OT is Manchamp Gym, not sure if this is a legit player, a Nintedo random account or what. The user name was different from the OT and it looked to be a web address.

I did a web search for this Manchamp gym, and just came up with the 4th gym, so I can't even find this web address, and I',m wary of entering a random web address from a too good to be true pokemon.

So I'm wondering the following:
    Is there any way to tell if this guy is legit?
    Has anyone heard of this Manchamp Gym thing?

I am not going to enter the web adress as right now the whole thing feels sketchy to me and I don't want to risk it. It was a insertsomethinghere.com/somethingelse address nothing I've heard of or could find in a search.

User Info: FirstbornDragon

FirstbornDragon - 4 months ago
  2. Hi! Just adding my 2 cents in, but I also recieved a similar Machamp today(the Machamp Gym thing) it goes to a Facebook page by some guy who does Poké-genning services and people doing cloned legendary giveaways.

Other people were posting how they recieved a Machamp and brought them there, but yeah it's just some guy selling Pokémon by advertising his...obv hacked Machamps.

User Info: Hakuroh

Hakuroh - 4 months ago
  3. Thanks. I wasn't about to go investigate.

User Info: FirstbornDragon

FirstbornDragon - 4 months ago

1. There is no 100% way to tell if it's legit or not but going to see if the Pokémon has memories is a good indicator

User Info: Gameender1014

Gameender1014 (Expert) - 4 months ago 3   0
  2. Alright I'll check that. The whole thing dose feel sketchy to me which is why I'm not going to the web address.

User Info: FirstbornDragon

FirstbornDragon - 4 months ago
  3. Yeah. You're right to be sketched out. I have a perfect iv shiny jolly dracovish I never use bc in 99% sure it's genned in but it doesn't have strong jaw which makes no sense

User Info: Gameender1014

Gameender1014 - 4 months ago

Answers

1. Gameender is correct that a well hacked pokemon can be impossible to tell from a legit one. However there are indicators that yours is hacked. Have you checked the IVs? 6IVs shiny is a good hint at a hack. The main reason I say yours is hacked is the web address. Pokemon with OTs that are from web addresses or have .TV are from people who hack and wonder trade. And yeah, it's not a good idea to go to those websites.

User Info: shinryu_omega

shinryu_omega (Expert) - 4 months ago 2   0
  2. Don't have the IV checker yet. I've been working on finishing my dex.

User Info: FirstbornDragon

FirstbornDragon - 4 months ago
  3. People run bots that generate Pokemon and automatically trade them. For some reason they think that it's a good idea to broadcast this to the world. If you see a trainer whose name is a website, it's a 99.999% safe bet that it's a bot account.

Even if it wasn't a website account, think about what you're looking at here. A shiny version of one of the rarest types of encounters in the game, captured in the ball with the lowest catch rate, with no doubt flawless stats (I'd bet this even though you haven't checked them yet), holding one of the rarest items in the game. How or why would a normal person EVER throw that away if they found it in their own game?

User Info: -hotdogturtle--

-hotdogturtle-- (Expert) - 4 months ago 2   1
  4. And advert-mon are almost always cloned and not a good idea in the SwoShi era due to how Home works and changes in ID tagging since 3ds.

User Info: forgecat

forgecat - 1 month ago
  5. Don't let IV throw you off. Also, even if you haven't unlocked IV check in game if you get premium Home you will get IV check (also a ton of other really solid features at this point).

6IV Shiny is pretty easy to get from a wild den 5 star especially if people are using seed checkers to make sure they get a good shiny den. Nintendo has not come up with a way to stop shiny den hunters and shiny den hunters are no longer dropping out of PvP matches before they start frame skipping to avoid bans.

What makes it suspicious is:
    1. the advertising
    2. the master ball

Master Ball farming is possible legitimately through roto-lotto and date skipping. Odds are this person got an advert-mon and didn't want anything to do with it. I have gotten them in SwoShi and in USUM.

In USUM I do have a legal check method and usually these are just benign clones rather than hacks. BUT...

I am digging up an old topic because what used to be pretty benign in 3DS era has taken a nasty turn in SwoShi era...

EGG Cloning is now a very popular technique that was developed a few months ago and DOES a have nasty ramifications to Pokemon Home boxes and they have a fake tag associated with them from what I have read.

Clones were super benign in 3ds and not worth it in Sword/Shield due to Egg Clone method downsides that are similar but worse to the ninjask/shedinja bug with Home.

User Info: forgecat

forgecat - 1 month ago 1   0