Am I just gonna have to restart the game...?

1. I have a lingering feeling that I'm screwed. My Yamper has a speed stat, like, a third of every other stat. Now, simple solution, EV train! Use Power items, fight speedy enemies, etc. Yeah, well...
    -I can't get Carbos, HP-Ups, etc. until I've beat the game.
    -I can't get Power Anklet, Power Bracers, etc. until I've beat the game.
    -I can't get Nature Mints until I've beaten the game.
    -I don't want Yamper to get overleved, so I can't fight a bunch of Zigzagoon or something.
    -Feathers take WAY to long to get, especially since I'm on a timer so I can get a G-Max Toxricity in time. (I heard Gigantamax Pokémon can only be found after you've become the Champion.)
    I don't do competitive battling, so after I complete the in-game content (Story, PokéDex, Battle facility, etc.), that's it. So by the time I've beaten the game, I won't even need the power items. I mean, if there's somewhere I can catch a...*Checks summary* Level 23 Yamper, I'm down for that. Again, on a timer, so I can't just catch one and yeet the ball into the Nursery.

User Info: PumpkinEater69

PumpkinEater69 - 1 month ago

1. Keep in mind that Yamper's Base Speed Stat is actually incredibly low; it only gets speedy when it evolves into Bolthund.

If you want to make your Yamper specifically as speedy as possible before it evolves but can't apply any of the methods you mentioned for the reasons you mentioned, I'm afraid there's nothing else you can do, pretty much, other than Trading it momentarily to someone else and that person Ev Training it, but, really, there's no need: get to Level 25 and you'll have more Speed than you'll know what to do with.

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93 (Expert) - 1 month ago 3   0
  2. What Nature is your Yamper? Because, at best, if it has a Nature that hinders Speed, you could try catching another one, but that also means re-training it.

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93 - 1 month ago
  3. Just checked her summary, Sassy.

User Info: PumpkinEater69

PumpkinEater69 - 1 month ago
  4. Sassy increases Special Defense and decreases Speed, so that's definitely part of it, although again, Yamper's Base Speed is really low as is, so, if anything, you'll see the effects much more once it's evolved.

In-game, it won't really make a difference, as Boltund is super-fast, especially compared to most of the opponents you'll face, so you'll likely still end up being faster even with a hindering Nature, but you can take your time and look for another Yamper, if it matters that much to you.

Also, yeah, you can encounter Promoted Raids before beating the game, as others have said (apologies, I forgot about that bit when first responding to you), so you can take your time, as the current Event with the Promoted Raids is up until March the 8th, 23:59 UTC (so basically until the 9th).

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93 - 1 month ago

Answers

1. You don't have to beat the game to encounter wild area event g-max Pokemon in Max raid battles. You just have to have access to the wild area and connect online to get the current event. I've been collecting wild area event g-max Pokemon on my Shield game a lot because I haven't beaten the game and thus have easier 4 star solo raids. Sword on the other hand I have to deal with 5 star raids which can be hard to solo.

User Info: EdrickV

EdrickV - 1 month ago 1   0
  2. Check the news feed as well on your Switch for these games. When new events are released Nintendo usually sends some freebies out in the form of a code at the bottom of the news. A lot of the time these can contain BP which will allow you to buy the power Items you say you cant get until post game. And the Power Items are a lot better then you seem to think since they allow for faster EV gain of a particular stat. A fullly trained EV stat adds 63 points to the stat so it's well worth it to do, especially for the Battle Tower.

Also competitive breeding will be your best friend for taking on the Battle Tower here, even if it's just for natures, abilities, moves and some IVs since this is what the Battle Tower is designed for. Competitive battles.

And yea, like EdrickV said, Event Pokemon are available through the whole game. The only thing main game blocks is the rank of the raids your get/can join. This is decided by how many gym badges you have. All 8 will allow you into Rank 5s but having only 7 even 6 will still get you Rank 4s. I mean I was able to encounter Snorlax and Butterfree while their event was going before I had my first badge.

So no, I doubt you need to start over mate. Just take the advice given and you should be fine.

User Info: JohnathanHyde

JohnathanHyde (Expert) - 1 month ago 0   0
  3. *Fully trained EV stat adds 63 points -- at level 100. This amount scales with your current level, so it's 31.5 points at the Battle Tower's level 50 limit.

User Info: Thard_Verad

Thard_Verad - 1 month ago