Is there an app or site that can detect genned/hacked Pokémon?

1. I traded for a shiny 6-IV legendary... Looks too good to be true. But I'd like to know for sure.

I just don't want to feel guilty over it. Thanks!

User Info: Kurutto

Kurutto - 1 month ago

Answers

1. Unfortunately, if a Pokemon is hacked properly, the only way to tell is with hacking software.

User Info: shinryu_omega

shinryu_omega (Expert) - 1 month ago 1   0
  2. Couldn't you bottle cap IV's last game (USUM). Are they hypertrained? You can sometimes look at trainer name too. If it ends with .tv or some other sites.

User Info: Cameo

Cameo - 1 month ago 1   0
  3. You can try checking the event database and if the legend is shiny locked to see if its legit. It most likely isn't though.

User Info: Snomm

Snomm - 1 month ago 0   0
  4. It isn't an event Pokemon because it has no ribbons. It looks like it would have come from the rings in ORAS, but I just don't get how it could have 6IVs.

Do I feel guilty about this? I don't know...

User Info: Kurutto

Kurutto - 1 month ago
  5. There aren't any definitive ways to check, but many 6iv Legendaries were obtainable using RNG (catching a pokemon at an exact moment in time back in gen 5 could guarantee certain stat spreads), so if your Legendaries were obtained back in gen 5 then there is a possibility that it's legit. It's a little harder to do so in gen 6 and 7, though, so it's a little harder to tell with those ones.

Unfortunately, Pokemon that were genned or edited skillfully can appear identical to a legit one in every way, so there will never be a definitive way to tell for sure if your legendary is legit or not.

User Info: Thorgonator

Thorgonator (Expert) - 1 month ago 1   1
  6. The Zekrom is from Hoenn, which means it was reset for at the rings. Can RNG manipulation be done there?

Yikes! Looks like it.

User Info: Kurutto

Kurutto - 1 month ago
  7. I'd say there's a 99.8% chance that any Shiny 6IV Legendary Pokemon is hacked. Even if the Pokemon itself isn't shiny-locked, the odds are still about 1300-to-1. Then factor in the chances of getting 6IV (32000-to-1) on top of that and do you expect anyone to trade such a miracle away?

User Info: Thard_Verad

Thard_Verad (Expert) - 1 month ago 0   0