Why didn't Shelmet evolve?

1. I traded for it with Karrablast and neither evolved in GTS trade

User Info: musicforlife333

musicforlife333 - 1 month ago

1. So there is no answer for this yet. Othen then they forgot to code it in. Trade evolutions are supposed to work when you trade!

User Info: musicforlife333

musicforlife333 - 1 month ago 0   1

1. I don't believe Pokémon can evolve from Home's GTS trade feature. I think this was intentional, though, since so many Pokémon that evolve through trading require an item to do so. Shelmet and Karrablast do not, but it should be fairly easy to find a trade for those two by posting on the forums.

User Info: Thorgonator

Thorgonator (Expert) - 1 month ago 1   1
  2. I do not believe in paying more to trade. In gen 7 the GTS trade they would evolve as they are supposed to and was included. A lot of people will be disappointed if they dont fix GTS trade evolutions.

User Info: musicforlife333

musicforlife333 - 1 month ago 0   2
  3. They did this so you don't get tricked by trades similar to the one in Generation 4. (We all know it, don't say Gen 4 is perfect.) The GTS was always full of scam trades like that, so finding a legitimate trade was near impossible. So Game Freak made it that the GTS won't evolve Pokémon simply because it punishes anyone who tries to make a scam trade for things like that in Sword and Shield.

User Info: ImnotOasisGamer

ImnotOasisGamer - 1 month ago
  4. I ended up finding evolved ones to trade for but yeah home GTS wonder trades work. but stay away from surprise trades and hacked online dens.

User Info: musicforlife333

musicforlife333 - 1 month ago
  5. You need to trade them without the everstone

User Info: Knigh

Knigh - 1 month ago 0   4
  6. They can't hold items in home...

User Info: musicforlife333

musicforlife333 - 1 month ago