What is the catch rate of GMAX Toxtricity?

1. I used a master ball to catch a shiny one and I'm not sure if it was the right call.

User Info: Kurutto

Kurutto - 1 week ago

Answers

1. As an event pokemon, the catch rate is significantly higher than a naturally occuring Gmax Pokemon. A repeat ball would have slightly over 60% catch rate, so if you only had the one chance, I think the Master Ball was a decent choice.

User Info: Thorgonator

Thorgonator (Expert) - 1 week ago 0   0
  2. Masterball was a good call. Shiny G-Max's are hard to come by even during an event like this. That 60% is a really good number for Raids but not so much if you really want the Pokemon. Masterballs are also rather easy to come by since over on the trading boards people are always trading them as currency for shinies, G-Max's, Raid entry fees, etc. So If you do some Shiny hunting yourself I'm sure you could snag a couple more.

You could also increase your odds of getting Masterballs from the Lottery by catching about 9 boxes worth of Pokemon and then surprise trading them all. The odds of you getting 2 Pokemon from the same trainer are really really slim so you will potentially have 9 boxes of Pokemon with different IDs. I have every Pokemon in the Galar dex sitting in my PC each with a different ID as well as some 2 boxes of junk that was surprise traded each also with different IDs. Weekly, I get about 3 Masterballs average. Some weeks only 1 others 0 more often then not 2-3. Currently sitting at 19 Masterballs from this. So it is viable.

User Info: JohnathanHyde

JohnathanHyde (Expert) - 1 week ago 0   0
  3. Reportedly, the catch rate for Promoted G-Max Raids is around 20%, normally, and indeed Repeat Ball is your best Ball, if you already caught that specie of Pokémon; otherwise Dusk Ball is the most optimal choice (it doesn't matter if it's night or not, Dens apply the "cave effect" to Dusk Ball's formula).

Promoted non G-Max Pokémon have their specie's catch rate.

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93 (Expert) - 1 week ago 0   0