Why do my Pokémon bounce twice at the start of a battle?

1. At the start of each battle, my Pokémon hops up and down twice. What’s that about?

User Info: Flygon_YEET

Flygon_YEET - 5 months ago

1. It's a sign friendship is growing. Eventually they will have phrases at the start of battle. It will also grant bonuses such as holding out from fainting, dodging attacks and removing status ailments.

User Info: musicforlife333

musicforlife333 - 5 months ago 2   0
  2. Oh yeah, that makes total sense! When it's like "avoided the move in time via your shout", "landed a critical hit, wishing to be praised" (but sometimes I don't want to praise it because I am trying to weaken something), that sort of thing?

User Info: Flygon_YEET

Flygon_YEET - 5 months ago
  3. Yes, those messages are from Camp/Friendship bonuses, exactly.

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93 - 5 months ago
  4. It's not just from camp. Walking or biking with them raises friendship levels, each step like when hatching eggs. You can also gain it quicker holding a soothe bell. Making sure they don't get KO'd that counts against it. Anyway there is more detail on friendship guides.

User Info: musicforlife333

musicforlife333 - 5 months ago

1. When they gain extra friendship through playing in Pokemon Camp, they do that. It indicates that they get some passive in-battle bonuses.

User Info: -hotdogturtle--

-hotdogturtle-- (Expert) - 5 months ago 1   0