Are the event G-Max Raids easier to catch?

1. So recently Coalossal and Lapras as well as Alcremie have been appearing more frequently due to a Wild Area Event.

Now I know that Pokemon in Raids are harder to catch but I have yet to miss a single one yet using only Repeat Balls which is probably about 12 Raids total. Which considering I still can't get a Grimmsnarl or Hatterenne or even Charizard with Repeat Balls (they all break out before the first ball twitch) only 2 things come to mind. Either:

1) I am super lucky

or

2) These Raid events have a higher catch rate making them easier to catch

I know Repeat Balls only work if you have the caught the Pokemon previously, and I should add that my Pokedex is completed.

So is there any rhyme or reason why I can catch the event G-Maxs easier then non event ones? Or am I just really lucky for 12 Raids straight?

User Info: JohnathanHyde

JohnathanHyde - 4 months ago

1. Event Raids have different chances than normal Raids, and yes, this holds true for G-Max Pokémon as well: Event ones have around a 20% chance to get caught, iirc, while, for standard G-Max, if you're online and aren't hosting, you have to deal with a catch rate of 3 (like old Legendaries).

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93 (Expert) - 4 months ago 3   0
  2. Thanks! Was getting a little frustrated cause in my head I was like "why is it I can catch 9 Alcremies that I'll probably never use yet I can't even catch 1 Grimmsnarl" I thought that I just had mad luck with Alcremies and Grimm was just being the troll we all know him to be.

User Info: JohnathanHyde

JohnathanHyde - 4 months ago

1. Yup. Long story short, event raids are MUCH easier to catch, both for hosts and guests. Even if you're a guest, throwing a highly effective Ball such as Repeat or Dusk will give you a catch rate of around 60%.

User Info: Thorgonator

Thorgonator (Expert) - 4 months ago 1   0

1. Event Gmax Pokemon have a fixed catch rate of 20 (if you are playing alone or hosting an online raid). For reference, that's a bit lower than the catch rate of a standard wile Clefable or Snorlax (25). Gmax Pokemon that are not events (if you are joining another person's raid) have a catch rate of 3, equivalent to most past gen legendary Pokemon.

Also note that joining an event Gmax raid still has the same 3 catch rate as non-event ones, so you only get the higher odds if you are the host.

User Info: -hotdogturtle--

-hotdogturtle-- (Expert) - 4 months ago 0   2
  2. See this is the thing, everytime I wasn't the host. I just join random Raids online. This is why I'm asking cause for 12 straight Raids, I have gotten the Pokemon and each one was a G-Max Pokemon. I have 2 Lapras, 1 Coalossal and 9 Alcremies most of which are Lemon Creams but a few that aren't.

User Info: JohnathanHyde

JohnathanHyde - 4 months ago
  3. Event Gmax Pokemon also boast a significantly higher catch rate for guests, as well as hosts. You get increased odds whether you are the host or not for those event ones.

User Info: Thorgonator

Thorgonator - 4 months ago