How to Shiny hunt?

1. I’ve started shiny hunting in this gen, and my first two went well, a noibat after 830 wild encounters and an axew after 550 encounters. However, on my most recent hunt, vulpix, I’m well over 1700 encounters and I’ve had nothing. Am I just getting insanely unlucky, or am I doing something wrong? Is the Masuda method a faster way to hunt?

User Info: BrownSorcerer46

BrownSorcerer46 - 1 week ago

1. Yes, iirc the Masuda method is technically a bit faster, even just because hatching Eggs with the right setup is technically faster than running into Wild Encounters for the same specie; but, in regards to your first question, no, you're not doing anything wrong, you've just been much less lucky than with your previous two hunts.

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93 (Expert) - 1 week ago 3   0

1. you could do the catch combo thing the more of one species you catch the better shiny chance you can get it would also be easier with the shiny charm i wish i had that in sword

User Info: KingEzra123

KingEzra123 - 1 week ago 0   0