Hey, I misplaced my Pokémon Sword cartridge. Can I play old save data if I get a new cartridge?

1. Will my old save data from my Pokémon sword game still be playable if I get a new cartridge or get it via digital download? Or will I have to start all over again?

User Info: Harem_King

Harem_King - 1 month ago

1. All Switch games save to the console itself, making the cartridges the equivalent of discs on other consoles (i.e. unconnected to the saved data). I'm not sure how digital versions interact with saved data, but for sure if you changed cartridges they would all use the same saved data.

User Info: -hotdogturtle--

-hotdogturtle-- (Expert) - 1 month ago 4   0
  2. Thank you very much for the response, now I can safely re-buy my game and go shiny-hunting again :)

User Info: Harem_King

Harem_King - 1 month ago

1. Yes, thankfully the game's data is saved to your console itself. Quite handy, that.

User Info: Thorgonator

Thorgonator (Expert) - 1 month ago 2   1
  2. Game Save Data is saved to the console itself, so yes

User Info: ZeusDeeGodYT

ZeusDeeGodYT - 1 month ago 1   0