Thinking of buying switch lite and Pokémon sword I'm wondering if I need to buy joycons as well?

1. I'm thinking about buying a Nintendo switch lite as well as Pokémon sword and shield and I'm wondering if I need to buy a pair of joycons in order to play Pokémon sword and shield properly or if I don't need joycons and can save myself £60

User Info: Xombie112

Xombie112 - 3 months ago
  2. Thanks for the answers folks they are very helpful

User Info: Xombie112

Xombie112 - 3 months ago

1. You don't need the Joycons: Nintendo Switch Lite comes with "incorporated Joycons", basically, as the buttons are incorporated into the structure of the console, to its sides, to be precise. You'd be wasting your money.

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93 (Expert) - 3 months ago 4   0

1. You dont need to buy a new pair of Joycon in Playing Sword and Shield. Everything in the game can be experience normally with your Switch Lite.

User Info: misty_lax

misty_lax (Expert) - 3 months ago 2   0
  2. Unlike the Let's Go games, motion controls are almost non existent in this game. In fact the only motion controls I've seen all game is used when cooking Curry while at a camp.

So unless you really want to fork out 60 bucks to fan some flames and stir a virtual spoon, I think your good to just play with the attached controllers.

User Info: JohnathanHyde

JohnathanHyde (Expert) - 3 months ago 2   0
  3. granted though the switch lite also suffers from the drift that the joycons have, in all honesty a regular switch might be better as the joycons are replaceable

User Info: AMicrowave

AMicrowave - 3 months ago 0   0
  4. I use my old gamecube controllers for it. Only thing I can't do is whistle on it. So yeah no motion controls are needed.

User Info: musicforlife333

musicforlife333 - 2 months ago 0   0