I caught a level 70 Magikarp in a 5 star raid, What should I do, what way to evolve it if can?

1. Need answers fast. Please, Help

User Info: FitCulinarian36

FitCulinarian36 - 3 weeks ago

1. Level it up. When beating Raids you get a bunch or Rewards including EXP candies as well as Rare Candies. You can use these to level it up.

Even though Magikarp evolves into Gyarados at level 20, this is not the only level it can evolve at. It will attempt to evolve at every level up past 20 up until 100.

User Info: JohnathanHyde

JohnathanHyde (Expert) - 3 weeks ago 14   1
  2. You can also battle with your Magikarp but getting exp for it at level 70 is a pain so using the candies is a lot easier

User Info: JohnathanHyde

JohnathanHyde - 3 weeks ago

1. also new to this gen, if you use a rare candy on a level 100 pokemon that can evolve it will still evolve

User Info: AMicrowave

AMicrowave - 3 weeks ago 22   3

1. Just level Magicarp up. Use a Rare Candy or XP candy if you want to do it fast or just have it in your party when battleing.

And no, pokemon at level 100 who needs to level up to evolve can't evolve.
    Pokémon using other methods like an evolving stone can though.

User Info: RayThrust

RayThrust - 2 weeks ago 2   20
  2. Yes they can. If a level 100 Pokemon that evolves through leveling is given a Rare Candy(idk aboout XP candies), they will evolve. I'm not sure if its new to this gen, but I can confirm it.

User Info: GeminiX7

GeminiX7 - 2 weeks ago
  3. That is awesome news, I never knew this :) thanks!

User Info: PaulWilko11

PaulWilko11 - 6 days ago