Has anyone actually caught a wild meowth with a quick claw in pokemon sword?

1. I know it's supposed to be 5% rate. I even have a pokemon with the compound eyes ability in the first slot of the party and I have tried over 40 times.

Thanks

User Info: ChaseD

ChaseD - 1 month ago

1. I have tried and never got one either. Each one you try for is only 5% so even if you catch 100, you would not be guaranteed to find 5. So it's more luck than amount of tries.

User Info: Ambrup

Ambrup - 1 month ago 4   0

Answers

1. I suggest you to use Noibat with Frisk ability to farm for Quick Claws. It took me like 20 tries but I've received one relatively quickly.

User Info: xyzman

xyzman - 1 month ago 3   0
  2. Best way to farm held items is to have a fainted pokemon with compound eyes in the first slot so that it's ability still works then a pokemon with frisk and the move Thief if you want in the second slot. You won't have to catch a million pokemon that way.

User Info: GuerillaGorilla

GuerillaGorilla - 1 month ago 2   0
  3. Appreciate the answer. We'll keep trying. Haven't had as good luck as you! Once I use the move thief, if I don't get an item, can I run away? If I do get an item, must I catch the meowth or defeat it, or can i run away?

Thanks again.

User Info: ChaseD

ChaseD - 1 month ago
  4. Never got the meowth but did get a sneasle with a quick claw using this methods on route 10

Thanks anyone who helped

User Info: ChaseD

ChaseD - 1 month ago