I've been using the masuda method for ponyta I've hatched 3k eggs and still no shiny does anyone know why?

1. I need to know why I'm not getting a shiny I have all 8 badges and have hatched over 3k eggs of ponyta and I'm using the masuda method need help any ideas? I'm literally loosing my mind at this point need help.

User Info: DarkFoebreaker4

DarkFoebreaker4 - 1 month ago

1. Getting a shiny is a pretty time-consuming process, and it's not as easy this generation as it was last generation. There are two factors that go into shiny hunting, usually: increasing your chances, and increasing your EPH (encounters per hour). I'll go into strategies for doing those two things when breeding, but there's a lot more that could be said on the topic so if you want more information, make a topic on the boards and you'll get some discussion.

Increasing chances - The standard shiny chance is 1/4096, so if you don't do anything to increase those odds, you'll probably be searching for a long time. When breeding, there are two ways to increase your odds. The first is the Masuda Method. If the two parent Pokemon come from games being played in different languages from each other, your odds of getting a shiny go way up, to around 1/700. Most shiny hunters just use a foreign Ditto to satisfy this, since the Masuda Method will be in effect when bred with any Pokemon from their own game. The other way is with the Shiny Charm, which is awarded if you manage to catch every Pokemon in the Pokedex, then talk to a particular NPC in Hotel Ionia. On its own, the Shiny Charm increases your odds to 1/1365 or so, but combined with the Masuda Method, your odds are 1/512.

Increasing EPH - The biggest factor when increasing your EPH when breeding is hatching your eggs faster. To do this, use the nursery next to Turfield, so you can use your bike to go back and forth without interruption. Make sure you keep five eggs in your party at a time, and make sure that your other Pokemon has the Ability Flame Body, which causes eggs to hatch twice as fast.
    The other thing you want to do is increase the rate at which eggs are produced. There are 3 things that cause this to happen, and they all stack with each other. Eggs are produced more quickly when:
    -the parents are the same species
    -the parents come from different trainers
    -you have the Oval Charm (obtained from a specific NPC after beating the game).
    If you're using the Masuda Method, then the parents have different Original Trainers anyway, but if you're using a Ditto, then they won't be the same species. It shouldn't really be a problem as long as eggs are being produced faster than you're hatching them, though.

Like I said, there's more to it, but that's the general guide to getting a shiny as fast as possible through breeding. If you want to know anything else, like getting shinies in the wild, try making a topic on the boards.

User Info: ghost_tails

ghost_tails (Expert) - 1 month ago 5   0

1. It's still pure RNG, it seems you have bad luck.

Have you got a shiny charm? It doesn't increase the Masuda Method chances that much (from around 1/600 to around 1/500), but it still helps. Make sure you've got an Oval Charm which makes eggs appearing faster, and a Pokémon with Flame Body in your party which makes them hatch 2x as quickly.

Who knows, maybe you'll get extremely lucky in the next hunt!

User Info: Axews

Axews (Expert) - 1 month ago 2   1
  2. You sure you're doing MM correctly? For example, it needs to be pokemon from two different languages, not regions. So a US and AUS pokemon together doesn't activate MM as both are considered English.

User Info: BlissedIgnoranc

BlissedIgnoranc - 1 month ago 1   0