Why are wild Pokémon so difficult to catch?

1. In the wild area outside Motostoke, where you get rather unique Pokémon, doesn't matter how many Pokèballs you have or what kind they are, they ALWAYS break free. I can use status effects on them, get their health into the red, it makes no difference...I really want to "catch them all" as such, but the chance of catching them is so low its completely infuriating. I can't be this unlucky, surely?

User Info: CrimsonWeaver41

CrimsonWeaver41 - 1 month ago
  2. Because, you have to weaken the Pokemon species first in a Pokemon battle.

User Info: MewistloveMew

MewistloveMew - 1 month ago

1. Catch Rate varies depending on the specie; there are other factors that go into the formula, like the Type of Ball you use, the Pokémon's HP, if it has a Status and such, but, yeah, it sometimes can be quite hard, but you can do many things to manipulate the odds in your favor.

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93 (Expert) - 1 month ago 3   0

1. My friend actually told me the catch formula changed, so even 1 level of the wild higher than the pokemon you sent out makes a living hell. Not sure if ever confirmed or true whatsoever, but I am seeing evidence in streamers and my own gameplay experience, especially when I started out the game struggling against a nuzzled, red hp, level 15 roselia compared to the level 14 Scorbunny .

I do agree on infuriating. A little warning would be nice, game freak although maybe it compensates for the smaller dex size?

User Info: Dat1Pinecone

Dat1Pinecone - 1 month ago 1   0
  2. Giving a Pokemon a status effect, such as paralysis or sleep really helps(Some Pokemon are unaffected by certain statuses, like Electric being immune to Thunder Wave, but you can get around that with using a different type move with a chance to paralyze, like Lick), along with lowering their health to the red, but also be aware of the weather, like hail or sandstorm which can knock out a Pokemon at low health, and their moveset since some moves they use can cause a recoil and knock themselves out. Get better Pokeballs, like Great Balls or Ultra Balls, but if you've just started you won't have access to them until you start beating the gym leaders.

If you want a ball with a pretty good catch rate under certain conditions, try getting the Timer Ball. The more turns a battle takes, the higher chance you have to catch it.

User Info: ZombieGirlN64

ZombieGirlN64 - 1 month ago 1   0