How to fix problems connecting for local trading?

1. I'm having problems connecting in local trade. it just keeps searching even so the systems are right next to each other.

User Info: bailey1048

bailey1048 - 3 months ago
  2. I find that I am not able to do local trades between a primary and a secondary Switch unless they are opposite versions. So, Sword and Shield is fine, but Sword and Sword is not.

I am gamesharing, though, though I feel that shouldn't matter. Do you find yourself hitting the same issue, with it happening when both are the same version? And if so, are you gamesharing between the accounts?

User Info: Digizard

Digizard - 1 month ago

1. It has nothing to do with how close you are together, but whether you are connected to the SAME WiFi network. Even then, you'll find that it searches for a while, but it'll eventually find it

User Info: Oogam920

Oogam920 - 3 months ago 3   2
  2. I'm currently having trouble doing local trades too, both switches are using the same Wi-Fi. I was able to do one local trade with a friend who was playing in the room with me. Then I was able to do one with my sister, again in the same room. But now it won't connect at all. I've disconnected the Wi-Fi on both then reconnected them, still nothing.

User Info: KrystalMagick

KrystalMagick - 2 months ago
  3. Doesn't work for me, Oogam920. I can oddly only trade between a primary and secondary Switch if they are opposite versions. If they are the same, nothing seems to work. Not link codes, not waiting 10+ minutes.

I don't know if it's because I'm game sharing, but I feel like it shouldn't work at all if so, rather than if I'm using opposite versions.

User Info: Digizard

Digizard - 1 month ago