Guide and Walkthrough by CyricZ
Version: 1.0 | Updated: 02/09/2020
FAQ of the Month Winner: February 2020 | Highest Rated Guide
Table of Contents
- Controls and Techniques
- Basic Controls
- Player and Investigation Fundamentals
- Combat Fundamentals
- Sword Legion
- Arrow Legion
- Arm Legion
- Beast Legion
- Axe Legion
- Other Gameplay Features
- File 01: [Startup]
- File 02: [Awake]
- File 03: [Link]
- File 04: [Siege]
- File 05: [Accord]
- File 06: [Complicit]
- File 07: [Wild]
- File 08: [Peace]
- File 09: [Salvation]
- File 10: [Madness]
- File 11: [Reckoning]
- Post Game
- Standard Guide Stuff
Controls and Techniques
Player and Investigation Fundamentals
The Help section under Settings covers all this stuff, but it doesn't have MY commentary! Also I've organized it where this section covers everything not directly related to attacks, and the next section will covers basic combat stuff, but not get Legion-specific.
- Movement - Use the Left Stick to move your character. Tilting a little bit gives you a slow walk. Tilting all the way gives you a brisk jog.
- Dash - While moving, click the Left Stick to switch to dashing.
- Crouch - While not moving, click the Left Stick to lower yourself to a crouch, which allows you to get in smaller spaces.
- Slide - Press ZR while dashing to slide. Like a crouch, this can carry you into smaller spaces. It's also technically an attack, although there are very few applications to the slide.
- Chain Jump - Hold ZL and press ZR and your Legion will pull you to its location. This can be used to cross gaps in the architecture. You will want to position your Legion by moving it there. Note that the Beast Legion is the only Legion that doesn't float, so it won't be able to cross gaps unless you send it out using a tap of ZL.
- Items - Press X to use the Active Item that's in the lower left corner of the HUD. Hold down X to view the Quick Item menu and use the Left Stick to select which item to make your Active Item. You can "register" items to the Quick Item menu from the Item section of the Pause Menu.
- IRIS - Once you get your Legatus, press the + Button to engage the IRIS (Integrated Reality Imaging System), which acts as an augmented reality overlay to your HUD. Most everything will appear with a deep blue tint. Other characters will appear with a light blue tint and you can even see them through walls. Elements of the environment you can interact with appear yellow.
- Red Matter Cleanup - Red Matter appears as red and black material floating throughout the Files in various locations. Your Legion will automatically "clean up" Red Matter as it passes over it. You can walk over this material while your Legion is at your side, or you can manually move the Legion into the material to clean it up.
- Case Work - As a member of the police, you are still required to investigate certain cases, even if your department is "chimera crimes". Various aspects of investigations involve using your Legion in novel ways.
- Taking Notes - As you perform investigations, you'll gain keywords. These are placed in your Police Notes. Review these notes by pressing Left on the D-Pad. At the close of an investigation, you may be asked to select keywords, and you'll get a bonus for selecting the correct ones on the first try.
- Tailing Suspects - Certain Cases require you to follow someone at a distance. You'll need to maintain a certain minimum distance from the target, but must also not be seen by the target. If you make noise, your target may get suspicious and turn around, and they will also turn around at certain points of the tailing regardless. In these cases, you'll need to get out of sight, which can include crouching behind cover, or moving yourself to "hiding points" marked by pulsing yellow circles.
- Eavesdropping - Certain characters do not wish to be heard around your character, but remember that they can't see Legions. While maintaining a decent distance from the character(s), hold ZL and use the Right Stick to move your Legion closer to them, then while holding ZL, press A to hear their conversation. Rarely, you'll have to eavesdrop on a character that will continue to move. Continue holding ZL and use the Right Stick to maintain a close enough distance for your Legion to hear.
- Gate Destruction - Sometimes your job simply involves shutting down a Gate that could open up and spill out chimeras. Move your Legion to wrap the Gate in your Astral Chain to destroy it. The Auto-Bind skill also works.
- Arrest Suspects - In addition to chimeras and Gates, your Astral Chain can work on regular old humans as well. If a suspect is attempting to run away from you, your objective is to chase them down and bind them with the Astral Chain. Additionally, tapping ZL to send your Legion to bump into them can momentarily stun them.
- Chimera Tracks - At certain points in the story, you may be required to track down a chimera. Starting from a certain point, you'll hold down ZL and press A with the Legion near the marker and the "trail" will be established. Your Legion will reveal the trail as it hits hotspots, and you'll track it to an endpoint.
- Blueshift - Less of an essential and more of a "nice thing to do". As you explore populated areas, you may see people looking weak and sickly, and you'll see red matter evaporate off them. These people are in the process of redshifting into Aberrations, and you can use the Sword Legion to heal them. Move the Legion close to the person (using ZL and the Right Stick) and while holding ZL, hold down A to relieve the person of the "data corruption" that ails them.
If you're looking for other guides by him, you can search the Yakuza series or the LEGO series on GameFAQs.