Guide and Walkthrough by CyricZ
Version: 1.0 | Updated: 02/09/2020
FAQ of the Month Winner: February 2020 | Highest Rated Guide
Table of Contents
- Controls and Techniques
- Basic Controls
- Player and Investigation Fundamentals
- Combat Fundamentals
- Sword Legion
- Arrow Legion
- Arm Legion
- Beast Legion
- Axe Legion
- Other Gameplay Features
- File 01: [Startup]
- File 02: [Awake]
- File 03: [Link]
- File 04: [Siege]
- File 05: [Accord]
- File 06: [Complicit]
- File 07: [Wild]
- File 08: [Peace]
- File 09: [Salvation]
- File 10: [Madness]
- File 11: [Reckoning]
- Post Game
- Standard Guide Stuff
File 08: [Peace]
08 - Collection
- Dropped Item #1 - B2, immediately in front of you when you start the File.
- Dropped Item #2 - B3, just at the entrance to the holding cells
- Dropped Item #3 - Garage, at the far end of the room
- Dropped Item #4 - Roof, as you get up the steps to the heliport, take a left and check the cargo
- Dropped Item #5 - Roof, go to the farthest helicopter and look near its back end.
This is a big space with a lot of stuff. Let's start with a "general" thing to get:
- Photo Order - Lappy is in the Grand Avenue area. The problem is that he doesn't show up in any specific location. He randomly appears out of one area, runs around the place, and will leave via another area where you can't follow. You'll have to keep your eyes open throughout this area to see if you can spot Lappy. There are some cops holding balloons that you can speak to that will mention Lappy and it may have something to do with making him appear, but I've not confirmed this. Once you see Lappy, take his picture.
Next, let's break it down by area. First, Grand Avenue 1F:
- Dropped Item #6 - This is in the northeast part of this area, where there's a blocked off passage and a forklift.
- Supply Crate #1 - Right next to the "Mitsuru on the Job" case.
- Supply Crate #2 - To the right of the "Mitsuru on the Job" case.
- Supply Crate #3 - At the far east side of the area, near the passages leading up to the second floor.
- Supply Crate #4 - Near "The Cleanup King", next to the collapsed bridge.
Next, the parking garage:
- Dropped Item #7 - Go under the partially closed shutter on the east side of the garage and shoot the blue sparkle near the ceiling.
- Supply Crate #5 - This crate is against the wall between the middle and right exits out of the garage.
- Supply Crate #6 - This crate is on the east wall in the middle of the garage, near a bunch of green graffiti.
- Cat Rescue - You'll find Mike (the animal lover) near some cars between the left and middle exits out of the garage. Speak to him and he'll be trying to get a cat out from under a car. Give him a can of Cat Food to get the cat.
- Supply Crate #7 - Before going into the elevator area, go to the right around some cars to find the crate.
Next, the 2F:
- Dropped Item #8 - From the first floor, enter the tunnels on the east side, then take a left once inside and go to the far end and shoot the blue sparkle. Yes, despite still mostly being on the ground floor, this is technically part of "2F" on the map.
- Supply Crate #8 - This is to the east of the "Graffiti Master" case, at a T junction in the passages.
- Supply Crate #9 - Right next to the Larger Burger, site of "Back in the Day 2".
- Supply Crate #10 - From the north side of the bridge, go west to find a crate. There's also a "Stunned Officer" nearby holding a balloon.
- Supply Crate #11 - While technically on the 2F map, it can only be reached from 3F. Go to the north side of the bridge and keep going north past "Shooting 301" until you can drop down to this crate.
Next, the 3F:
- Supply Crate #12 - In the passage from 2F to 3F, there's a crate on the lower level.
- Dropped Item #9 - Once out of the passage from 2F, run past the bridge over the street and look near a bench on the right to find this.
- Supply Crate #13 - On the bridge across the street on 3F.
- Dropped Item #10 - This is to the right of Billy, near the robot hosing down the fires.
- Dropped Item #11 - This is a blue sparkle several feet above Billy to shoot down.
- Dropped Item #12 - From "Shooting 301", go back into the alley to find this at the end.
Finally, the stuff that can be found in the "Billy's Past" Case. Buckle up, because these are a pain in the butt. You'll definitely want to do these on a run separate from going for the S+, because you'll probably be spotted or lose your tail more than once:
- Supply Crate #14 - The first one is early, near a guard. Bind the guard from the catwalk above, then take the crate behind him.
- Supply Crate #15 - From the beginning, go to the left and down the ladder to find one near another guard.
- Supply Crate #16 - From the beginning, go to the left and tie up the guard near the movable platform. Move it with the Arm Legion, then jump on it and carry it out to the east. Chain jump onto to the north catwalk. Deal with the guard if you want, then walk around the catwalk to the crate.
- Supply Crate #17 - From the previous crate, hop onto the next movable platform and to the next area with two guards. Be very careful about distance here, because your target can't be more than 40m from you. You'll have to deal with the two guards and move close enough. The crate is down the stairs near the place you drop the ladder.
- Supply Crate #18 - These two crates are on the path your target traces, which you can rejoin from Crate #17. As you get down to the lower floor in the southeast, you'll see a crate across from you.
- Supply Crate #19 - There's another crate in the same basic area as #18, but behind all the stacked cargo.
First, let's cover the stuff on the Rayleigh Plaza roof:
- Buried Item - The moment you complete "Sniffing Out a Gate", sniff around where the Gate was (near the dog) and you'll find the blue circle.
- Supply Crate #20 - From the "police tape" gate that allows you to go up to the helipad, go around to the left and you'll find a crate up a short flight of stairs, near the ladder that gets you up to the top of the structures.
- Supply Crate #21 - This crate is found just as you exit the elevator room. It's on a hover sled. There are two ways to get to this. The way the game would normally ask you to get this is to go up to the structures above and chain jump down to the hover sled, but there's another way. Have the Baton Mode and Arrow Legion ready. Do an Assault Attack (back-forward ZR), then do the Sync Attack which lifts you into the air. Mash B as you finish the Sync Attack and you'll dodge, which can dodge you right onto the hover sled.
- Supply Crate #22 - This one is inside "Gate Explosion". As you're putting together the Split Pillar, one is found down a slope, then down an elevator. You'll see four bits of Astral Matter across from you hit. Hit them with a couple of Slashes and you'll reveal the path to this crate.
- Dropped Item #13 - This item can be seen on the side of the building that the Homunculus was attached to in the last File (the big red blotch on the wall). Find the blue sparkle there and shoot it.
- Supply Crate #23 - This crate takes some doing. After you leave the helipad area, look to your left down the stairs and you'll see some "EXIT" signs that are kinda bent out. From the top of the short stairs, send a Legion out so it ends up floating on top of the bent signs and walk off the far side of them to land on the lower floor. There's a Crate nearby here.
- Supply Crate #24 - For this one, you'll have to start from #23. On this level, follow the perimeter of the helipad counter-clockwise. You'll have to pass beneath a broken area that you'll crawl through, but make your way all the way around the helipad and you'll end up under the stairs where there's another crate.
- Supply Crate #25 - Before you go to "Cleanup Crew", go to the area that starts "Chimera Tracking". From the red splotch where you start tracking, look below you and you'll see a crate to drop onto.
These are found during the "Cleanup Crew" case. You have to do them during the case; you'll be blocked from returning:
- Supply Crate #26 - From the beginning, send your Legion out to the left and chain jump to the opening on the left. There's a crate right here.
- Toilet - From Crate #26, go the floating platform and use the Arm Legion pull it out as far as it will go towards the Gate. Once the Gate's taken care of, look to the left (south) and you can just see another floating platform around the wall. Grab it with the Arm Legion so you can bring it in range, then chain jump to it. From here, you should be able to see the Toilet on another floating platform.
- Supply Crate #27 - There's a part of this mission with moving astral platforms. Two of them go side to side and one goes up and down. Chain jump onto the one moving up and down. At the top, you should be able to find some invisible platforms with your Legion. The mission will want you to jump across those to the obvious Gate. Once you're done that, search to the south (left) to find some invisible platforms that lead around the wall to the south. Once you're near the main walkway, look down on the angled wall to find a ledge with a crate on it. Chain jump to that, then back to the main walkway.
- Supply Crate #28 - From the beginning of these tunnels, take a left, then take a right and you'll reach a small room with this crate.
- Supply Crate #29 - This is in the secret area of "Not-So-Saferoom".
- Supply Crate #30 - This is also in the secret area of "Not-So-Saferoom".
- Supply Crate #31 - This is west of the Saferoom. If you're trailing the Axe Nemesis, you should stumble right across it as it's directly in your path.
- Supply Crate #32 - This is in the next room west of #31. Again, trailing the Axe Nemesis should bump you right into it.
- Supply Crate #33 - From the first movable platform, instead of going to the large space off to your right, go instead to the ledges on the left. Follow the path around the wall and you'll have to cross some disappearing platforms to reach the crate.
- Supply Crate #34 - From #33, step onto the disappearing platforms to be dropped to this crate.
- Supply Crate #35 - Once you get #34 and ride the elevator back up, wrap-jump around the nearby pillar to the right to find another crate.
- Supply Crate #36 - Once you defeat the first Fire Falcon, note that one of the platforms on this large space is glowing red. Move it with the Arm Legion, then drop down underneath where it was. Step on the two buttons to lower both the way back up and a means to chain jump over to the platform with this crate.
- Supply Crate #37 - This is next to #36, but you need the Axe Legion. Blast the cracked wall in front of this crate.
- Supply Crate #38 - After dealing with the Fire Wolf and Fire Mutts, walk onto the disappearing platforms near the slope to drop down to the platform with this crate.
- Slime - Opening #38 will trigger the appearance of the Slime nearby. Watch out for the Gates spitting out bullets.
- Supply Crate #39 - After dealing with the Fire Wolf and Fire Mutts, you can go up the slope to find this crate on the main path.
- Supply Crate #40 - This is in the area with the Split Pillar, near the elevator that brings you up to the area. Chain jump over to this ledge with a crate.
- Supply Crate #41 - This one's near the spot with the Gates that spit bullets at you and the poison gas. Once you reach the two buttons, look away from the way forward and you'll see a wrap pillar. Wrap-jump around it to the left to reach the crate.
- Dropped Item #14 - Once you move the three gates, get the cube moved all the way to the end, and fired up the last elevator, ride it up, then look left and back a bit. You should see a series of square spikes in the distance with a blue sparkle among them. Shoot it.
- Supply Crate #42 - The final crate is just as you get off the last elevator. It's in front of you to the right. Careful if the Bertholds have shown up.
If you're looking for other guides by him, you can search the Yakuza series or the LEGO series on GameFAQs.