FAQ by KyoraStryker
Version: 1.1 | Updated: 10/02/2020
FAQ of the Month Winner: August 2020 | Official GameFAQs Guide
Table of Contents
Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Written by John Edwards (KyoraStryker)
Welcome to my guide for Animal Crossing: New Horizons!
This is my first foray into the world of Animal Crossing, the social simulation game developed by Nintendo. Having growing up among the likes of various simulation games such as The Sims and Roller Coaster Tycoon, I figure that it was only a matter of time before I dipped my feet into the vast pond that is known as Animal Crossing.
Whether you're a veteran of the franchise or a complete newbie like me, you'll surely find everything you need to know about this game here in this guide, ranging from getting started to a comprehensive list of every event, item, and villager in the game.
Note that the first iteration of this guide will only contain the sheer basics about the game, which should be more than enough to get you started. As such, it should go without saying, but there may be numerous placeholders for text and other game-related content, as well as guide content that seems out of place. Subsequent revisions of this guide will remove these placeholders with much more detailed information that (hopefully) covers everything you can think of in-game in a clear, logical format.
Without further ado, let's jump straight into it! Feel free to read this guide in its entirety, or use the Table of Contents to jump directly to the content you wish to view.
Caution: It is highly recommended that you view this guide using a dedicated computer. While most of the guide renders with ease, some sections of the guide - namely the furniture and item lists, among others - struggle to render while using a mobile device, given the sheer number of items that are listed.
This version of the guide (v.1.1) contains the following changes:
- Separated the entire Critterpedia section into separate pages: one page each for bugs, fish, and sea creatures.
- Minor rearrangement of the Museum and sections containing content related to it.
- Minor editorial changes throughout the guide.
- Beginning with this version, the What's New section will contain links throughout most of the page to whisk you directly to their relevant content.
- Added most content for the Fall Update (v.1.5.0).
Future revisions of this guide will see the following content/changes added:
- Add missing content for the Fall Update (v.1.5.0).
- Significant restructuring to present a more logical flow of information.
- Grouping of "main quest" sections and relevant data.
- Winter Update content (v.1.6.0?).