What should I do to save data file when I am going to sell my old switch?

1. Hi, I managed to sell my switch lite and will be posting it tomorrow. I am just wondering how to save all data files saved in my AC game when I will reset the settings? Do I need a memory card to save the date file? Thank you!

User Info: LinenMascot79

LinenMascot79 - 1 month ago

1. Save files are tied to the Switch itself and you need to do a system transfer to move them (Memory Cards just store data for the games and updates, not the save files). But that won't work for ACNH, since each save file is tied to the your island which can't be transferred between systems.

User Info: CardTamer

CardTamer (Expert) - 1 month ago 2   0
  2. How do I do the system transfer? Would that mean if I get a new switch and use the same ACNH game card, it wont be able to reload my current island?

User Info: LinenMascot79

LinenMascot79 - 1 month ago
  3. Yes. Each island is locked to the Switch it's on and is non-transferable. When you put your card in a new Switch, it'll be as if you started the game for the first time.

To do a System Transfer, you'll need to have a second Switch to transfer your data to before you get rid of/reset your old system. Enter the following link into your search engine to go to the official Nintendo website's instructions on how to do asystem transfer:

en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27394/

User Info: CardTamer

CardTamer - 1 month ago
  4. Okay thank you for the advise! Ive just read last night as well that Nintendo might have an upgrade later this year that will introduce data transfer for ACNH.

User Info: LinenMascot79

LinenMascot79 - 1 month ago

1. Yes, I was wondering about this too because I have been playing on Switch Lite but was thinking of getting a Switch so I can play it on a bigger screen and wondered if I could transfer my data, etc. I thought for S.L. it was stored in a cloud?

User Info: AVM

AVM - 4 weeks ago 0   0
  2. Unfortunately, we cant do system transfer at the moment with AC. But Ive read that Nintendo will be updating it later this year. So

User Info: LinenMascot79

LinenMascot79 - 4 weeks ago