What's the difference between a pearl oyster and a pearl?

1. I found a pearl oyster while diving but don't know if there's a pearl inside. I also have a pearl, but I think that was given to me by Pascal when I gave him a scallop. Very confusing because you cannot see or access your inventory/pockets while in the water.

User Info: AVM

AVM - 1 month ago
  2. You can technically check your inventory, just like how you can check your phone when you're in the water, but you can't use or move items around. You can only check your inventory and phone when you're either slowly swimming(just pressing the stick forward without pressing A) or just treading water.

User Info: ZombieGirlN64

ZombieGirlN64 - 1 week ago

1. the pearl oyster is a sea creature. the pearl is a crafting material to be used for mermaid items.

User Info: Eliza-Schuyler

Eliza-Schuyler (Expert) - 1 month ago 9   1

1. As far as I know, there's no way to extract the pearl from a pearl oyster.

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251 - 1 month ago 6   2

1. A pearl oyster is a sea creature but a pearl is the gemstone/crafting material. In real life you get pearls from oysters, but this isn't an in game mechanic since you have to hunt for pearls the same way you do the other sea creatures. You can open your inventory like usual, but you just cannot move or drop items. Annoying, but it is what it is

User Info: C810

C810 - 1 week ago 0   0