How do I customize the exterior of a villager's house?

1. Ive seen some players change the exteriors of each villager that they have on their island. Was wondering how to do that. Help pleaseeee. Thank you so much!

User Info: LinenMascot79

LinenMascot79 - 2 weeks ago

1. that's not a thing. you can change the exterior of your own house once you have enough rooms.

User Info: Eliza-Schuyler

Eliza-Schuyler (Expert) - 2 weeks ago 8   0

1. You cannot change the exteriors of the villager's (animals) houses, only your own.

Well, you technically can give certain items like a wreath to a villager and they'll hang it on their door, so I guess you could call that editing the exterior...

User Info: ZombieGirlN64

ZombieGirlN64 (Expert) - 1 week ago 6   0

1. There's a glitch that can cause a villager who moves in through the campsite to have the wrong exterior on their house. There's no other way to change a villager's exterior, so maybe the villagers you saw had glitched houses?

Also I wouldn't recommend doing the glitch purposefully to change a villager's exterior, because when it gets patched there's a good chance the glitched villager will be removed from your island.

User Info: Dynamosaur

Dynamosaur - 1 week ago 2   0
  2. Oh I see. I may have overlooked it. Probably its how theyve designed their villagers house.

User Info: LinenMascot79

LinenMascot79 - 2 weeks ago 1   4
  3. When you've upgraded your house enough, tom nook will give you the option to change the exteriors, but you need almost the entire house complete before you can change siding.

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251 - 2 weeks ago 3   17
  4. That doesn't help the question

User Info: TrainerNeo_02

TrainerNeo_02 - 2 weeks ago
  5. Why not? If that's not the answer, what is?

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251 - 2 weeks ago
  6. Will this include the villagers house too? I was hoping to change their exteriors.

User Info: LinenMascot79

LinenMascot79 - 2 weeks ago
  7. You ARE a villager. I don't understand the question.

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251 - 1 week ago
  8. You are a resident representative. The animals are the villagers.

User Info: Pencil

Pencil - 1 week ago
  9. 1. It's confusing. You're telling how to customize YOUR exterior. Not the villagers.
    2. How many times have people told you? The villagers are the animals. The player is the human. Smash bros calls it villager because they can't call them players.

User Info: TrainerNeo_02

TrainerNeo_02 - 1 week ago