How do you remove an empty plot when you already have 10 villagers?

1. First, I placed down the tenth plot, then I went island hopping to look for new villagers. I found someone I liked and asked them to stay at my island. When I went back I bought and placed another plot, only to realise I already have 10 villagers. I've waited until the next day, but there's no one at the campsite, no house on the plot and there are no villagers to be seen on mystery islands. Incase this detail is necessary, I do share my island with another profile on the switch (which counts as another villager).

User Info: natashw

natashw - 2 months ago

1. Human players do not count as villagers. The plots are strictly for animals, and it's impossible to have more than 10 plots in your village. Empty plots can't be removed, only filled or moved to another location by talking to Nook. Check and make sure the plot hasn't already been claimed, as sometimes villagers will move in on their own if you don't go to an island for a day or two.

User Info: pokedude900

pokedude900 (Expert) - 2 months ago 1   1