how do i unlock mewtwo in this game help please???

1. i've had this game since launch and the first character i wanted to unlock was mewtwo so i tried to unlock him

i keep leaving my game on for 24 hours at a time with smash opened, but no luck. my console just overheats after a while. ive tried doing it with four players but no luck. i thought i only had to leave smash open for like 12 hours, but i have 1000 hours on this game and all of them are spent on this. ive stayed up all night before just trying to unlock him, staring at the screen, but with no luck.

is my game broken? what am i doing wrong?

User Info: senokblevins

senokblevins - 1 month ago
  2. Just Spam Playing smash and eventually you will get a chance to unlock if you screw up go to vault and click Challengers reapproch (Somethink like that it looks like a little door on the bottom of the right hand side)

User Info: DaIceAgeBaby

DaIceAgeBaby - 1 month ago

1. Can't you unlock him by playing vs matches? Or is that just melee?

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251 - 1 month ago 3   1
  2. Otherwise just do World of Light. It's a lot faster.

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251 - 1 month ago

1. Mewtwo is one of the last characters you unlock, so that's probably why you're not getting them (paired with bad RNG).
    One surefire way to unlock Mewtwo is to do Classic Mode as Fox.

User Info: TebaPlayer

TebaPlayer - 1 month ago 4   0
  2. I should mention that other character will work too, but I don't know which ones.

User Info: TebaPlayer

TebaPlayer - 1 month ago

1. uhhhh that does sound a bit bizarre, have you cleared classic mode with Wolf? You should be able to get Mewtwo by doing that.

User Info: kirbinderbin

kirbinderbin - 1 month ago 2   1
  2. This isn't Melee.

Newcomers are only unlocked in two fashions. Beating them in World of Light, and random encounters provided through play time.

Mewtwo himself is late into World of Light. I suggest alternating between WoL and casual play. Sure you likely won't get Mewtwo right away, but the odds of encountering him outside of WoL increases through the process of elimination.

User Info: WHATZITUYA

WHATZITUYA - 1 month ago 1   0