Why can't me and my friend get Palutana's Guidance to work?

1. Me and my friend are trying to get Palutana's Guidance to work. But for some reason Pit won't do the animation to initiate it. We've both tried spamming the hell out of the down taunt like the wiki page says and like youtube videos say, but it just doesn't work. My friend said it might be because I was using one of the alternate colors for Pit but that shouldn't affect it, right? Why can't we get it to work?

User Info: Cyberberry

Cyberberry - 1 month ago

1. I'd suggest using the camera and going frame by frame

User Info: Mario_128

Mario_128 (Expert) - 1 month ago 2   1

1. Here's a tip, do it in pause frame-by-frame

User Info: MysticAbsol

MysticAbsol - 1 month ago 1   0

1. So, first of all, are in the stage Palutena's Temple on Normal? It won't work if you are not in the correct stage. Next, it seems you are using the correct taunt, so good job with that. I would suggest trying to use Pit's original color. It probably won't help, but it's worth trying I guess. Sorry if I couldn't be of much help. Write me back if you have any more questions!

User Info: dugtriogamer

dugtriogamer - 1 month ago 1   1
  2. You have to tap the "down taunt" button for one frame as Pit on Palutena's Temple. Also, you can only do this once per battle, and if you KO during the Guidance, it stops and you can't do it again.

User Info: RedKnight757

RedKnight757 - 1 month ago 1   1
  3. You're not supposed to spam it; but rather do a really quick flick on the down taunt (suggest doing so with your fingernail). Try making it so it just barely, but quickly, pushes the button down. Just tried this and it still works for me.

User Info: Squhawk

Squhawk - 1 month ago 1   2
  4. This. You literally want to tap down for a single frame.

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251 - 1 month ago
  5. It only works if the stage is normal, so if you have it set to Battlefield or Omega, switch it to normal. Also, instead of spamming down taunt, press it and release *immediately.* I think you can only have it held down for a frame or so.

User Info: PerefL

PerefL (Expert) - 1 month ago 0   1
  6. (also i don't think pit's alt matters)

User Info: PerefL

PerefL - 1 month ago
  7. Of course it doesn't. But it has to be pit, and not dark pit.

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251 - 1 month ago