How does Jigglypuff's down-smash work?

1. So this might seem like kind of a dumb thing to ask, but how does Jigglypuff's down smash attack work? Sometimes it sends the opponent sliding with no smoke trail like they're being blown away, while other times it works like a regular smash attack. It even made the CPU trip in training mode. I know the tips section says it sends foes horizontally but I've noticed these other things happening. Is this normal?

User Info: AnEarthBoundFan

AnEarthBoundFan - 4 weeks ago
  2. I worded this question rather poorly, I guess what I'm trying to ask is if it is normal for Jigglypuff's down-smash attack to sometimes cause opponents to trip. I've had this occur a few times in training mode but haven't seen it documented on the Smash Wiki so I wasn't sure.

User Info: AnEarthBoundFan

AnEarthBoundFan - 4 weeks ago

1. If it helps, you can find his hitboxes on zeckemyro's google drive, but i'm not allowed to put links here.

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251 - 4 weeks ago 3   0

1. Do you mean Rest? It works best if your opponent is very close to you.

User Info: darkdeity9

darkdeity9 - 4 weeks ago 0   2
  2. No, I mean the down-smash attack, where Jigglypuff spins around and kicks in both directions. It's my fault for the confusion, I worded the question in a weird way, what I want to know is if it is normal that the down-smash to sometimes cause opponents to trip or not.

User Info: AnEarthBoundFan

AnEarthBoundFan - 4 weeks ago
  3. Oh, in that case, probably? The wiki might have more info but it generally doesn't break down every hitbox type. A lot of down tilts or down smashes can cause tripping, but its never really guaranteed.

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251 - 4 weeks ago