Why are no new challengers showing up?

1. Been playing for a while. I used the exploit to get new characters quickly, and I’ve won all my rematches. I definitely don’t have all the characters so i don’t know why they aren’t showing up. Can anyone help me? Notbreadstick - 2 years ago - report

1. The exploits you're probably using only bypass the 10 minute cooldown timer between each challenger's fight. However, there is another secret requirement for the fights to occur: inputs. The game keeps track of the amount of inputs you have ever executed during a match and sends you more challengers once you hit certain thresholds. Using the exploits it is easy to unlock characters faster than you accumulate inputs, and thus you stop getting fights.

The solution:
    A) Force Challenger fights using Classic or World of Light

B) Enter a match and focus on making the most amount of inputs. The fastest way is to crouch and stand up repeatedly (press down on the control stick and then let the stick return to neutral). If you set it up so that you control both fighters on the match you can accumulate even more inputs (CPU inputs don't count) and you can get decent amount of Gold Coins from this.

C) Just play normally. You won't be unlocking characters quickly, but you'll accumulate the necessary inputs to keep getting the characters.
    Neospartan (Expert) - 2 years ago - report 9   1
  2. The correct answer, of course, is C. And don't be so impatient. Gargomon251 - 2 years ago - report

1. Honestly, I know World of Light isnhuge and takes wayyyyy too long, but I'd rather unlock everyone there, kinda like with Subspace back in Brawl.

Partly because it's also the only place to unlock the "default" mii fighters, and I KNOW tou can just build mii fighters at any time, but the default ones don't unlock through any other mode.

And they have numbers in the roster list, they're characters even if smash players want to pretend they're not...and even if they don't have thier own Classic mode route.
    Jtt410 - 8 months ago - report 4   1

1. Either play classic mode 3x, or just play for a while. Eventually, they'll show up at Challenger's Approach in classic mode darkdeity9 - 2 years ago - report 1   1
  2. Probably because you're using exploits. Gargomon251 - 2 years ago - report 3   5
  3. gargomon showing his lack of knowledge yet again AMicrowave - 7 months ago - report