What methods has anyone found to defusing Banjo's Wonderwing?

1. I have tried a variety of different methods in online matches, from countering, to trying to use super-armor to push through, as well as things like singing with puff or trying use R.O.B.'s Side-B to intercept it. None of these options work, and you will still get hit (except for the characters with counter excluding little mac and possibly greninja because I haven't tried yet with those characters, but every other character with a counter it, and misses the counter hit.) This behemoth of an attack that can be used 5 times per stock, (please sakurai make it 3) coupled with the fact that banjo has almost no ending lag makes this move all reward, and no risk. The only way you get punished, is from a grab really. Seldom will a miss end in death.

User Info: Whysakurai

Whysakurai - 1 week ago

Answers

1. Grab

Any character
    Any time
    Grab shuts WW down completely

User Info: arcnova

arcnova - 1 week ago 1   0
  2. Good luck timing it unless you're samus

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251 - 4 days ago
  3. literally all you have to do is jump when he does it. you can also block but it would take out shield.

User Info: J_istheword

J_istheword - 1 week ago 1   0
  4. Only if your shield is already damaged.

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251 - 4 days ago
  5. With banjo's semi-broken end lag, if you jump, the most damage you're going to punish a ww is going to be like 10% like I said, I'm not complaining about it, but I think at the very least it should be counter-able. :)

User Info: Whysakurai

Whysakurai - 4 days ago
  6. The "risk" is running out of feathers. You can't just spam it the entire match. Also you can't slow down, change angle, or interrupt it in any way. You can probably roll right through it.

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251 - 4 days ago 0   0
  7. Also, I want to point out that I'm not here to complain, and am a veteran smash player. I just want to hear comments about what others think, and talk about the issue of imbalance.

User Info: Whysakurai

Whysakurai - 1 week ago 0   1