Who is the best character at dealing with Hero's nonsense?

1. Whoever it is is my new main.

User Info: Ariamis

Ariamis - 2 weeks ago
  2. Anyone with speed, rush down characters, pretty much all top tier, high tier, most of mid tier. Hero isn't that great, you just gotta play smarter.
    His aerials are pretty trash, and his downB will barely get touched if you're on him all the time, don't let him camp.
    His best move is his B and Side B

User Info: NeoXZero15

NeoXZero15 - 1 week ago

1. Maybe Ness?
    He can Down B a lot of the moves since most of the specials are energy attacks.

User Info: nowitsmytime

nowitsmytime - 2 weeks ago 2   0
  2. Yeah, I'll have to test that. I'm thinking also maybe Palutena, since she may possibly have three good tools against him. 1: When they choose their down-special option, I can just give them the good ol' explosive flame to the face. 2: Her down special being a counter and a reflector in one move could cover a lot of Hero's special attacks, (but maybe not the best of them) 3: She might be able to teleport in time to escape a lot the craziness. Still Magic Burst at the ledge is probably a problem for her.

User Info: Ariamis

Ariamis - 2 weeks ago

Answers

1. I main the Links, and I find that Young Link is the best out of the 3 with dealing with Hero. This is simply because of the speed his arrows when compared to the other Links. Whenever I play Hero now, I've adapted to the point where I'm watching out for that Menu window of his at all times. As soon as I see it, I fire an arrow to interrupt him out of it if I can- the RNG of Hero just makes him too dangerous and unpredictable to approach while he has it out, (but why should you ever have too?) a simple projectile can knock him out of it every time! It's very important imo to condition a Hero player that they should expect an annoying projectile to come their way every time they open Menu in an attempt to heavily discourage them from trying to abuse it.
    So basically, any character with a fast and far reaching projectile would be good at dealing with Hero, since besides his critical hits, it's really only his Menu that makes him so jank.
    Other Characters I Recommend:
    Falco and Wolf - Lasers
    ROB - Eye Beams
    Duckhunt
    Rosalina - Luma Star bits
    Sheik - Needles
    Zelda - Din's Fire and the Phantom Armor
    Samus/Dark Samus
    Pit/Dark Pit - Arrows
    Someone else mentioned Palutena
    Also Ness and Lucas
    Snake can lay grenades EVERYWHERE
    Villager and Isabelle with their slingshot aerials
    Greninja - Water Shuriken
    Megaman
    Pac-Man
    Bayo
    Kirby with the Hero hat! :3

User Info: FeelinFine09

FeelinFine09 - 1 week ago 1   0
  2. The best charcter for dealing with Hero IS Hero, honestly.

User Info: Ender68

Ender68 - 2 weeks ago 2   2
  3. Noooooooooooooo

User Info: Ariamis

Ariamis - 2 weeks ago
  4. any swordsman, joker, anyone that can give him no space

User Info: -Ollie-Rey-

-Ollie-Rey- - 2 weeks ago 1   1
  5. I find Joker's speed to be a huge asset against him

User Info: Ganiam

Ganiam - 1 week ago 0   0
  6. His attacks are big, but mostly slow. I'd say your best bet is probably Fox. He can pressure Hero at close range, and he can reflect the powerful ranged attacks no problem. Pretty much shuts down Hero's entire kit unless the person you're playing against is absolutely outplaying you.

User Info: coconutarmy1

coconutarmy1 - 1 week ago 0   0
  7. Anyone that has access to a reflector or projectile absorber.
    After considering those options, someone that can challenge him before he has time to charge or down+b

User Info: Dragoncomet

Dragoncomet - 1 week ago 0   0
  8. I'd say Joker. Rebel's Guard just completely negates the critical hits and when Arsene is out, you have a Counter AND Reflect to deal with all the spells (talking from experience here).

User Info: Speedshocker

Speedshocker - 1 week ago 0   0
  9. If you play good heavy characters,he won't be able to do much...

User Info: johhnygamer

johhnygamer - 1 week ago 0   0
  10. When it comes to Hero, you just have to play incredibly safe. Stay on your toes, as his projectiles hit fast and hard, and make sure to always hit him first in the air, as although his aerials have insane reach and power, they are rather slow coming out. All in all, simply don't play risky, as he is rewarded way too much for his harder-hitting punishes and the onslaught of overpowered projectiles in his arsenal.

User Info: TheFinalOne256

TheFinalOne256 - 1 week ago 0   0
  11. I might be biased because she is my main, but I think that Palutena might be the character you're looking for. The matchup honestly feels +1 or +2. Her fast aerials are great at walling out Hero, her Counter allows her to exploit his buffs, her Reflect protects her from even Thwhack, her edge-guarding tools allow her to deplete his mana if not kill him outright, and personally 2-framing Hero with UpSmash is really effective for the same reasons as edge-guarding. I mean, the other day I reflected a Magic Burst and though it didn't kill Hero it did cancel it and drain his mana which basically gave me a free stock. It was however when us both were on the stage, don't know if it would work as an anti-edge-guard.

User Info: Neospartan

Neospartan - 1 week ago 0   0
  12. I did great with Samus yesterday

User Info: Gau

Gau - 6 days ago 0   0
  13. Hoes mad

User Info: Itsuki_Aoi

Itsuki_Aoi - 4 days ago 0   0
  14. As a Mega Man main, I ve never had any problem w him.Think about as combination of s sword mand an samus. GO in but know when hes gonna use magic

User Info: ALTAMON

ALTAMON - 3 days ago 0   0
  15. There isn't much any character can do to him until he receives damage nerfs.

User Info: Guilmon_80

Guilmon_80 - 3 days ago 0   0
  16. I may have one good idea. If It is a down b for hero, any move that makes him flinch does the job.

User Info: YoungBotanist63

YoungBotanist63 - 2 days ago 0   0
  17. I really suggest Falco or Wolf. I'm a falco main and do pretty well against both Hero and Jokers. that said I lose to floaties and short characters.

User Info: Strahl

Strahl - 2 days ago 0   0
  18. Zelda is a descent counter to Hero, if you know how to play her

Find on youtube this video: "Game Nest Smash It Up: Sugoi | Ven (Zelda) vs Top Lu Bu (Hero/Joker) - Winners Semis"

User Info: UnboxTheFox

UnboxTheFox - 1 day ago 0   0
  19. I destroy Hero with WFT. I'm loving this because it's skyrocketing me back to Elite.

User Info: MelodicCat

MelodicCat - 11 hours ago 0   0
  20. Palutena is my go-to against him. Shes fast enough to stay in his face constantly, making it difficult to really do any of his nonsense.

And if he does open the menu a simple autoreticle shuts it down entirely.

Plus having a reflect and counter are great for dealing with him. Since his menu items are primarily long range spells and long wind up attacks. Easy to counter them.

User Info: GodOfDerp

GodOfDerp - 4 hours ago 0   0
  21. Honestly, I'd say either Ness or Hero himself

User Info: KingTorra

KingTorra - 2 weeks ago 0   1