Do amiibos work for BOTH smash 4 and smash ultimate?

1. I already have a few amiibos with data in smash 4 on my 3ds. if i use them in smash ultimate without transferring the data, can i continue to use them for both systems?

User Info: fleshseagull

fleshseagull - 1 year ago

1. The Guardian and Bokoblin Amiibos work with Ultimate, not Smash 4. But the rest will work with all three games.

User Info: Megalodon966

Megalodon966 - 1 year ago 2   0

1. I don't think Ultimate will allow you to use Figure Players without saving the initial data to the amiibo. And once the Figure Player is configured for Ultimate, it won't work in Smash 4 any more without wiping the data completely.

User Info: jayman7

jayman7 - 1 year ago 1   0

1. As far as I can tell, yes, the amiibos are fully compatible with all three games, though they will operate slightly differently in Ultimate compared to Smash 4. You won't have to re-level them up or anything is the nice thing.

User Info: SmokeRulz

SmokeRulz (Expert) - 1 year ago 0   1
  2. Their level is reverted backward - not necessarily to 1, but it's not correct to say you won't have to re-level them.

User Info: jayman7

jayman7 - 1 year ago
  3. They will begin at around 12-14 if they have been used with smash 4 the ultimate

User Info: Mario_128

Mario_128 - 1 year ago