Why can't I find players in Smash Ultimate, Quickplay?

1. I'm playing Smash Ultimate in Egypt, my Nat Type is A and I usually have around 30mbps download speed. I'm aware that one other person on here is suffering from this same problem. It takes me forever to find an online game, I'm talking 20 minutes, sometimes a full hour. And when I finally do find a match, it's with the same people that I sometimes can't beat, so that sucks. I'm never toxic to anyone, never teabag, nothing. Think I've given all the details now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is this just because I live in Egypt? I'm almost certain that not many people play smash in my area...

User Info: Aboose238

Aboose238 - 7 months ago

Answers

1. Unfortunately, it may be that you live in Egypt. Sakurai made it so the game prioritizes proximity when matchmaking. If there aren't many people in your area that play Smash, you might be stuck playing the same people. A wired connection might help, but I'm not sure by how much

User Info: Dustfinger4268

Dustfinger4268 - 7 months ago 2   0
  2. I see. Welp. That's a huge bummer since I can find a match in smash 4 much faster. Why the devs decided to change the matchmaking system, I do not know

User Info: Aboose238

Aboose238 - 7 months ago
  3. I have the exact same problem because I also live in Egypt, what's your friend code? Maybe we can make a room in smash ultimate and play together

User Info: Zain2004

Zain2004 - 3 months ago 2   0
  4. On a side note: when I'm looking for Public Arenas, there either aren't any, or they're all private/locked and require a password thing

User Info: Aboose238

Aboose238 - 7 months ago 1   1
  5. The main issue I run into is that I use Wi-Fi. In order to get a better and overall more accurate play you need to be wired into the internet not with Wi-Fi. In one of Sakurai's promotional video's prior to release (I watched it on my switch) he recommended a grounded connection not Wi-Fi for online matchmaking.
    Hope this helps.

User Info: roverandom

roverandom - 7 months ago 0   0
  6. So you're saying I need an Ethernet cable for a wired connection to the internet? I don't know how im going to pull that off

User Info: Aboose238

Aboose238 - 7 months ago