1. I'm preparing for a down B with Ganondork and suddenly my character turns and makes me self destruct.

It's not drifting since I calibrated my joystick like 10 times, and this also happens when I'm doing aerials with my other joystick. Why? The joystick works fine with other games...

User Info: Kimarnic

Kimarnic - 1 month ago

1. One of my biggest complaints with The Switch is the default controllers it comes with are made very cheap and break very easily. Combine this with the fact that it's portable, if you're the type of person that brings it with you on travel, it's a recipe for disaster.

I have already had 2 broken left joycons just from putting it in a bag when traveling. I only say this because your joysticks may be breaking because they break so damn easily.

User Info: iHateMutanTs

iHateMutanTs - 1 month ago 13   7

Answers

1. Hit diagonal down slightly in the direction you're trying to face.

User Info: paperwarior

paperwarior - 1 month ago 3   0

2. I'd say you need some pivoting for microspacing safely, that or use diagonal input as someone said above.

User Info: Siddhart4

Siddhart4 - 1 month ago 3   1

3. Move the stick only half a millimeter. It works for me.

User Info: custard500011

custard500011 - 1 week ago 2   0

4. If you've messed with the stick sensitivity at all in the controls area, I'd recommend dropping it down to Low. That should help a lot with missed inputs.

User Info: SmokeRulz

SmokeRulz (Expert) - 1 month ago 7   6
  5. But then I won't be able to run or drop from platforms...

User Info: Kimarnic

Kimarnic - 1 month ago
  6. You will be able to still, it's not that hard on Low

User Info: TheLastSmile

TheLastSmile - 1 month ago

7. I suppose increasing the dead zone size isn't an option?

User Info: Andham1

Andham1 - 1 month ago 2   2
  8. How do I do that lol

User Info: Kimarnic

Kimarnic - 1 month ago

9. Either you're using the controller wrong or it's broken. The game doesn't have this issue.

User Info: wryy69

wryy69 - 3 weeks ago 2   5