1. I played a match with Ganon and I went for a Ganoncide but I died first. Does Ganoncide work anymore?

User Info: Bambanuget

Bambanuget - 1 month ago

1. Ganoncide was changed back in Smash 4. It always kills Ganon first, and they kept this change in Ultimate. Opponents can also mash out of it now, depending on damage, but you might be able to catch some people who don't actually know that.

Essentially, Ganoncide is basically pointless now unless 1) you have at least one more stock than they do, and 2) their damage is relatively high and above your own.

User Info: SmokeRulz

SmokeRulz (Expert) - 1 month ago 1   0

Answers

1. As quoted on the SSBWiki "However, Ganoncide's viability was significantly reduced. The aerial version of the move can now be escaped by button mashing, with opponents who have lower damage than Ganondorf being able to break out more quickly. In addition, Ganondorf is now KO'd first instead of his opponent, resulting him losing if he and his opponent are on their last stocks." So sadly that is the case.

User Info: Baby_Rool

Baby_Rool (Expert) - 1 month ago 2   2

2. No. You need to be at least one stock above them now.

User Info: Kirbulant

Kirbulant - 1 month ago 0   0