Character quotes in Japanese?

1. Hello everyone,

is there a list somewhere containing all character quotes in Japanese? I'm playing the game in Japanese but my level is not that high yet so it would be good to know exactly what the characters are saying.

Best regards,

vrsoamyi

User Info: vrsoamyi

vrsoamyi - 6 months ago

1. Look them up in a specific game, like "Marth (SSBU)" page. Some Ultimate pages might still be getting worked on, but their movelists and other aesthetics about them are meticulously laid out, including their taunts and winposes. For example, here's what Marth's Ultimate page says (the words in parentheses are what he's saying in Japanese, kanji letters won't show up here on GameFAQs):

Up Taunt: Holds up his sword, emitting light from the tip while saying "This is it!" (, Let's go!)
    Side Taunt: Swings his sword once before resheathing it, saying "I won't lose!" (, I won't lose!)
    Down Taunt: Swings his sword around and says "Keep your eyes open!" ( Everyone, watch over me!)

Performs a Shield Breaker, then poses with Falchion at his right side, saying "The day is mine!" (, This time victory is mine, isn't it?).
    Sheaths his sword, keeping hold of it, and says "I live to fight again." (, I was able to survive again today.).
    Jumps in the air swinging his sword twice, then lands in a pose resembling his Counter animation, saying "I cannot afford to lose!" (, I can't afford to lose.).

User Info: SmokeRulz

SmokeRulz (Expert) - 6 months ago 1   0

1. Just head to the Smash Wiki ( www.ssbwiki.com ) and look up any character you're curious about.

User Info: SmokeRulz

SmokeRulz (Expert) - 6 months ago 0   0
  2. I can't find any information about what characters are saying on their specific pages. Or am I overlooking something?

User Info: vrsoamyi

vrsoamyi - 6 months ago 0   0
  3. Thanks a lot! This is quite helpful especially concerning the victory quotes. In battle quotes are not included unfortunately. It would be nice to know too for example what Wii Fit Trainer is saying when performing the sun salutation.

User Info: vrsoamyi

vrsoamyi - 6 months ago 0   0
  4. Likely still saying "Salute the sun!" or some slight variation thereof. She says "Sun salutation!" in the PAL versions. This can be seen by looking up the precise move on the Wiki.

But yeah, useful site!

User Info: SmokeRulz

SmokeRulz (Expert) - 6 months ago 0   0