Does Super Smash Bros Ultimate have unlockable stages?

1. I read that a Japanese magazine said that the game features 108 stages, and you start with 103. IGN also said the game has 108. Is this just a typo or can I unlock more stages? Thanks for any and all help.

User Info: GamerFanPizza

GamerFanPizza - 9 months ago

1. No in smash ultimate you start with all stages witch kinda sad loved unlocking them in the past 4 smash bros games

User Info: Drahans

Drahans - 9 months ago 0   0

1. I know this question is old, but since the answer is known now I'll contribute to it.

The extra five stages are DLC. Five challenger packs in total are planned for this game, each containing one playable fighter, one stage, and multiple music tracks. Currently, only the first one is available: the pack containing Joker from Persona 5 with the stage Mementos. The second pack is due this summer, and the third pack is due this fall. All five should be out by February of 2020. You can purchase them individually as they are released, or purchase the Fighters Pass for a slightly lower price and get all five challenger packs as they come out, along with a bonus Mii Fighter costume of Rex from Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Although Piranha Plant is also a dlc fighter, it does not come with a stage or music, and is separate from the Fighters Pass and challenger packs.

Version 3.0 came with a stage builder, plus there are also omega and Battlefield versions of every stage, and a training stage just for training mode. Aside from making/downloading new stages, no stages require being unlocked through gameplay. Hope this helps!

User Info: MasterPeteDiddy

MasterPeteDiddy - 2 months ago 0   0