What, am I Overleveled?

1. I've been exploring the wild area ever since I got to it and my starter is level 29. Am I too over-leveled for the game now?

*Added "What" to the title so I can post this question

User Info: OhMahSwirls

OhMahSwirls - 1 week ago

1. If you didn't beat the first gym yet, yes, you're overleveled.

Game is balanced in a way that if you don't explore the Wild Area much, you'll be underleveled, but if too much, you'll overlevel. Did you use EXP candies? Those can add up much. Save them for later if so.

Just remember to continue the story between exploring, and your problem will be solved ^^

User Info: Axews

Axews (Expert) - 1 week ago 3   0

Answers

1. I switched my starter out when it hit 17 in the Wild Area. It's tempting to explore the whole area before going on, but you can go back to it any time. Rather than overleveling the team I want to use for most of the game, I try to bring all the Pokemon I have caught to around the same levels, so I switch them around often.

User Info: Ambrup

Ambrup - 1 week ago 1   0