When is it safe to start the DLC side story?

1. I’m currently on chapter 6 of the main story. Went to go try the DLC and got the notification “contains spoilers for the main story”. When is it safe to play to avoid big spoilers? I wanted the Extra characters as romance options so :/

User Info: NotThatch

NotThatch - 1 month ago

Answers

1. After you've gotten past chapter 4 it's clear for the most part. But three characters hint at a major event in Chapter 11. Keep in mind you can't get the units past Chapter 12 though. There are subtle hints at things past then as well.

User Info: Nakedbacon

Nakedbacon (Expert) - 1 month ago 0   0
  2. Well, in the Side story the characters you get to use from the main game all start at level 20 and have access to a predetermined set of Classes, and it takes place prior to the time-skip. However, I don't know exactly "when" in the main story it's supposed to occur, at least not yet. All I know is that the further you get in the side story, the more characters you unlock.

But just completing the first Chapter will at least introduce you to the 4 new characters, and it will also unlock a few things in the main game (like the 5 new classes: War Monk [Male Only], Trickster, Dark Flier [Female Only], War Priest [Female Only], & Valkyrie [Female Only]....and a new costume for Anna).

All I will be able to tell you for certain atm is that if you want to recruit and use the new DLC characters, then you will have to complete the entire Side Story BEFORE you trigger the time-skip on your current playthrough, as once the Time-Skip happens, I do not believe you will be able to recruit the 4 new characters for the rest of that playthrough.

For me, I've completed the first two Chapters so far (and in doing so I have unlocked the first of the 4 new characters for recruitment) and I don't think I've seen anything too spoiler-y just yet (though to be fair I've already completed a Black Eagles playthrough and I'm most of the way through a Golden Deer run, so what might not be a spoiler to me, might still be a spoiler to you).

User Info: ArcherGilgamesh

ArcherGilgamesh - 1 month ago 0   2