How to keep the Green Unit alive in GD Maddening chapter 14?

1. So I've been attempting a NG Maddening run on Golden Deer. A few hiccups but so far I've been able to overcome most obstacles.
    Chapter 14 though. I thought 13 was bad.
    I assume the way to go is let the green swordsman make it to the spot to light the fire but like- how?
    I've tried brute forcing the map but as I don't think the enemy spawns every stop and I get locked in an endless wave of pegasus knights after pegasus knights unable to make any progress. I can mostly survive these waves but I'd love to be able to finish this stupid mode and be done with it.
    Any advice is welcome cause it's frustrating as all get out and I can't figure it out.
    Thanks in advance.

User Info: Tamotan

Tamotan - 1 week ago

1. (My bad, I posted a response, but forgot to finish it fully)

You don't necessarily need to keep the green swordsman alive through this chapter, but yeah, it's definitely a pain to handle the Falco Knights and Paladin without it. Here's how I did it.

The strategy I used in this chapter was to push the left side with a strong tank (I used Raphael) and another unit that can support from behind to help guide the swordmaster down to the bottom. The units there are only physical, so there shouldn't be much of a problem keeping the three units alive (green units are surprisingly strong). Once you kill the Brawler manning the siege weapon at the very bottom of the map, then the swordsman can properly get to the spot.

The rest of my army focused on handling the other portion of the map; the Falco Knight reinforcement spawns are definitely a very tricky part of that. I used Leonie as a tank and counter against the double Falco Knights that spawn down the middle, using a bow with Close Counter to one-shot them, typically with a Silver Bow or Parthia if you have it, and with a shield to help survive against the lance attacks. Any other unit that can one-shot fliers with a bow (with a decent accuracy), and can also survive two lance attacks from those fliers will work too. Of course, you need to heal them frequently as well. In between waves is the time where you can push forward.

Be warned, however, that since on Maddening, a Paladin spawns with them, you may want to exploit the 'fences' in the middle to your advantage if your unit can't handle the pressure of all three mounted units. Hope this helps.

User Info: Sgt_Mufflebuns

Sgt_Mufflebuns - 1 week ago 1   0
  2. I thank you for your comprehensive answer! I'm likely going to give it another go in a few days, as sometimes giving myself a breather can bring success. You've given me some new ideas though!!
    I've one quick follow up question, are you aware if the reinforcements ever stop or are they endless in their cycling?

User Info: Tamotan

Tamotan - 1 week ago
  3. No problem! I'm not sure about if they're endless, but when I killed the Brawler finally, 4 waves total had spawned. If there's more than that, then it's probably endless. I'd recommend not finding out, because those guys are rather annoying to deal with.

Good luck with beating that chapter!

User Info: Sgt_Mufflebuns

Sgt_Mufflebuns - 1 week ago