will Sylvain learn dark magic that he can use as a Dark Knight if I make him a dark mage?

1. I'm playing the Blue Lions route again, and I have never seen a point to the dark mage class except for Hubert, and I haven't even played BE yet. Someone mentioned that if I make someone a dark mage, they'll be able to learn dark magic spells like miasma and the like, but I haven't been able to find a single thing confirming that, nor have i found anything that denies it.

should I bother with making Sylvain a dark mage? or should I just stick to keeping him as a Paladin until he's ready for Dark Knight?

User Info: ShinyJettStar

ShinyJettStar - 3 months ago

1. Dark Mage and Dark Bishop have a class skill, Miasma. It gives access to the Miasma spell while in those classes. The mastery skills can still be worth it (Poison Strike deals 20% of the enemies max health after you attack them and Life Taker restores health equal to half the damage you did if you defeat your foe), but he will not carry Miasma into Dark Knight.

User Info: SolarisStartear

SolarisStartear (Expert) - 3 months ago 1   0

1. Dark Mage has an awesome class mastery skill, Poison Strike. Deals a fair amount of damage after combat (kind of like the Devil Axe, I think.) I personally plan on having Felix master it to pair with his sword skills.

User Info: moonwatcher99

moonwatcher99 - 3 months ago 0   0