Should i go Maddening or not and which route?

1. I am very close to finishing my first playthrough with BL and I am absolutely loving this game. The only Problem I have with it is that sadly I started on normal and it is just way to easy. Now I am going to start a new playthrough probably with BE CF and am thinking about which difficulty I should play, Hard or Maddening. And NG+ or not. This is my first FE Game, I have played a lot of XCOM2 though. I am just not sure if the jump to Maddening is to high. What do you guys think?

I would also take suggestions regarding my house. I have already played with quite some of the GD students (Lysithea, Marianne & Leonie), but I really like them and am interested in most of the rest except for Lorenz maybe. Although I learned that a character can very much surprise you.
    For Black Eagles speaks that I am interested to see the story from that side and they do also have characters I am really interested to learn more about (not a big fan of Caspar & Linhardt though)

User Info: esche_95

esche_95 - 4 weeks ago

Answers

1. Definitely do new game plus. You'll want that renown you got from your first playthrough for doing things like upgrading saint statues, buying supports, weapon ranks, and most importantly, the professor rank which will allow you more free time as well as more weapons to forge at the black smith. Once you clear a play through the game will reward you with large amounts of renown depending on what difficulty you played on. Normal gives 30,000 hard gives 60,000 and maddening gives 90,000. Personally i'd wait until you'very completed all the statues as well as unlocked at least B support with all the characters because the students will automatically join you ignoring their requirements if you have at least B level support with them.

User Info: Dusty128

Dusty128 (Expert) - 4 weeks ago 0   1
  2. Thank you for your answer. What exactly would you wait with?
    Also correct me if I am wrong, if you spend renown for an A support you will be able to straight up recruit a character instead of having to wait for them to approach you.
    How much does NG+ reduce the difficulty on maddening?

User Info: esche_95

esche_95 - 4 weeks ago