Should I go female to auto get ot male and get via renown?

1. When I do The Black Eagles in my 3rd playthrough and want Sylvan
    Is it a good idea to use A Female Avatar so that I can get Sylvan before I even do The 1st mock battle or go with A Male and still get him before I even do The 1st mock battle by buying his A Support with Renown?

User Info: JMISBEST

JMISBEST - 1 week ago

Answers

1. Hm, I... Would ultimately say it's entirely up to how much effort you want to put into recruiting him? I believe he autojoins female Byleth regardless of house? I may be wrong, there.

User Info: Syrant

Syrant - 1 week ago 0   0
  2. If you really want Sylvan, you should go for a female avatar to get him asap. Otherwise, you can go male and get him with renown only in NG+.

User Info: bladecode

bladecode - 1 week ago 0   0
  3. Is there any other reasons that may sway you one way or the other? Say, you want to save the Renown for something else? Or you want to pick female for early flier access? Or you just want to be able to S-support certain characters?

Because I really have no idea what to say of your situation. It'll cost you 1200 Renown to get him to A-rank support. I don't know what else you might be weighing here.

User Info: Ertrick36

Ertrick36 - 1 week ago 0   0
  4. Honestly female Byleth has more vantages than male Byleth, she has more supports, speed and Sylvain is basically a free unit.

The only reason for playing with male is if you really want to S support a girl that f!Byleth can't

User Info: chicksan

chicksan - 1 week ago 0   0