Why don't you fight Nemesis in the silver snow route?

1. I'm currently on the last chapter of Verdant Wind (my last story route I need to play) where Nemesis breaks free and makes way to the monastery.

After they said he was coming to fight us and was seeking revenge against Rhea/Serios I realized that he would have been a better final boss for the Silver Snow route.

The setup is the same in both, so why doesn't Nemesis appear after dealing with the dark slithers at the end of Silver Snow?

I would love to hear some thoughts on this.

User Info: ValiantToaster

ValiantToaster - 3 months ago

1. The only thing I can come up with is that the routes are centered around the main Lord of the house with the Church of Seiros route centered around Byleth (not Rhea). The Nemesis fight in the Golden Deer route fits Claude's narrative in that it's a culmination of him seeking answers in regards to the relic weapons, the 10 elites, and the history of Fodlan in general. The final battle of the Church of Seiros route is the culmination of Byleth's story (not Rhea's) having learned their true heritage and taking up the role of replacing Rhea as head of the church and protector of Fodlan. Just my opinion.

User Info: tylerah

tylerah (Expert) - 3 months ago 2   0
  2. I never really thought of it like that before. But even if that is true, from a story perspective it doesn't make sense why Nemesis doesn't show up.

In both Verdant Wind and Silver Snow you do the same level with the slither as well as the same cutscene with Rhea and the javelins. They even state that he was able to return because the seal containing him was broken (assuming that it was Thales or one of the other agarthans sealing him and was undone due to their deaths) and that he lived so long because he had the body of Sothis within his own.

User Info: ValiantToaster

ValiantToaster - 3 months ago
  3. Yeah, I don't disagree with you there. That being said, this is hardly the only plot hole so I guess we just kind of have to chalk it up to a decision the developers made even though that's not the most satisfying answer

User Info: tylerah

tylerah - 3 months ago

1. I had the same thought after my third playthrough started with blue lions, then black eagles empire route, and golden deer for the third. I honestly think that nemesis should've been the final boss for all the routes. The agarthians (those that slither in the dark) are pretty much responsible for all of Fodlan's problems. Everyone has a reason to go after them. Heck even Edelgard has them next on her hit list.

User Info: Dusty128

Dusty128 (Expert) - 3 months ago 1   0