Is it possible to Recruit Hilda on Black Eagles route?

1. I am wondering if it is possible to recruit Hilda at all on the Black Eagle route? I know that each house has a second-in-command that can never be interacted with for lost items, gifts, or recruitment for missions due to story purposes but also that they were made to have no Social Supports with Byleth either. However I had noticed Hilda was supportable despite being with the Black Eagles House and I was able to raise the support level with her to the locked A rank around chapter 8. However between then and the rest of the time skip, I did not get any scenario with Hilda asking to join. Someone had told me I was too slow in building the support and, like Rhea or Edelgard whom I know you can miss the chances to support if you don't build them up at a certain point, I missed the chance to recruit her. I am going into New Game + to start a Golden Deer run, but I was intending to try a Hard mode Black Eagle Route run on New Game + as well but I don't want to waste my time if it isn't true.

User Info: Dan_Spellsword

Dan_Spellsword - 2 months ago

1. Hilda is recruitable in Blue Lions, although there's a lot of conflicting information about whether or not she's actually recruitable in Black Eagles. Everyone who claims she is seems to say that she's only recruitable in a very specific time frame in the early game so it seems likely that you missed the opportunity

User Info: Mooman

Mooman (Expert) - 2 months ago 0   0
  2. Yeah, that is what I have been told though I get random answers when I asked for the chapter. Some have said you have to B rank her before chapter four, and others have said before Chapter 9. I may have to simply try using renown from a new game + to boost her to the B on Chapter 1 and see if that makes any difference.

User Info: Dan_Spellsword

Dan_Spellsword - 2 months ago
  3. I was under the impression that it comes after you make the choice regarding Edelgard. If you side with Edelgard, she will not join you no matter what. If you side with the church, she can be recruited after you make that choice, which leaves only one month for recruitment before the time skip (hence specific time period)

User Info: NYGinge

NYGinge - 2 months ago
  4. I thought the same, but I really wanted to make sure. For me, this is the Mew Truck rumor from Gen 1 all over again, just something I want to probe until I was 100% sure. I guess I will just close this question then. Thanks for all the info everyone. I appreciate it.

User Info: Dan_Spellsword

Dan_Spellsword - 2 months ago