How do I get silver fish?

1. I have a side quest to get 2 silver fish, and I have no idea how to tell if I’m catching silver fish. Help?

User Info: Nemfreak

Nemfreak - 6 days ago

1. When you go Fishing, you will have 3 (sometimes 4) chances to hook a fish. A blue icon on the bottom of the screen indicates a small fish, a red icon means a big fish and a gold/yellow means a rare fish. You want to press the A button when a gold/yellow icon appears. Using better bait and getting a Perfect combo will increase your chances of getting silver fish. I have heard there is a Rainbow colored icon for really rare fish but I have not encounter it yet.

User Info: ZelosXT

ZelosXT - 6 days ago 1   1
  2. Thank you! This is super helpful :) the explanations I had seen up until now weren't very clear

User Info: Nemfreak

Nemfreak - 6 days ago
  3. Yes, Rainbow colored icon is a thing. Fish such as Goddess' Messenger are considered rainbow catches. Actually just got one yesterday and HOLY HELL THE STRUGGLE.

User Info: GeralfCecani

GeralfCecani - 3 days ago
  4. ^This is correct. The Rainbow fish only happen on certain days on the calendar with the fishing event called "Mystery". The Goddess's Messenger is one of the 3 Rainbow fish. And like GeralfCecani said it is a struggle. The timing is a faster on the "reeling in" part and unless you get quite a few Perfect combos you will run out of stamina. Use Herring bait for those days. Using these fish in cooking (the one on one one, not the dine with 2 others one) will rise up to 3 stats temporarily for that month. Or you could send said fish as a local specialty online and make a few bucks. I saw one person post about sening a Goddess's Messenger came back with 47k after just a 1 day worth's of online time. Seems it's in high demand like umbral steel and Master Seals.

User Info: ZelosXT

ZelosXT - 2 days ago