Does the main player S rank marriage result in children? What if you choose another guy as your S?

1. NOTE: Please use as little spoilers as possible when answering.

So I'm only a couple hours in and into the 2nd playable month, and I was trying to balance support options.

I've played previous Fire Emblem games and usually all S pairings except for a select few of close friends results in a child based on either the mother or the father.

I chose a male Byleth but I'm gay and was wondering if there are gay options, and I'm reading (and seeing in game) that Linhardt can get to S (I hear two other male professors can get to S but it doesn't have the same "gay couple" feel, correct this if this is wrong). Does this jeopardize any playable character generation, as in Awakening and Fates? I'd like to know now so I know whether or not this'll have a negative impact on me, gameplay-wise.

OTHER SUPPORT/RELATIONSHIP QUESTIONS: since I see that no other character except the main one can get S, does that mean that there are no other "couplings"? Also, what do the double arrow over a certain relationship point mean?

User Info: OrXe54

OrXe54 - 1 month ago

1. No children exist in this game.

Only 1/3 of male same-sex S-ranks are romantic, as you have heard - the other two are are platonic. That's correct. As no children exists, this has no negative gameplay impact.

Other characters can get a paired ending if they A-rank. I don't known if they have a priority hierarchy.

User Info: astrophys

astrophys - 1 month ago 3   0

1. There are absolutely no child units in this game so from a gameplay perspective, it doesn't matter. You're not missing out on anything.

Also Double Arrows mean that instead of going C to B to A, they have a extra step. If the double arrow is over the B you will go from C to B to B+ to A. That just means an additional support conversation and even better compability between the characters for anything that is based on their Support-Rank like critting Group Assignments and stuff.

User Info: randy191919

randy191919 - 4 weeks ago 1   0

1. There are absolutely no children in this game and only Byleth (the avatar) can get S supports, and you can only actually see the S supports after the final boss and ending. Right before the final battle you choose which S support you want and are locked into that support for the rest of the game. (which is just the final chapter and battle) The double arrows in a support mean that there are 2 conversations for that level, resulting in a C+, B+, or A+ support with that character. Also non-Byleth characters cannot get S supports but romance is implied or confirmed in their A supports like in the GBA/Tellius games.

User Info: KrimsonBlox

KrimsonBlox - 3 weeks ago 0   0
  2. Also the only gay option for male Byleth is Lindhart. Female Byleth has Edelgard, Dorothea, Sothis, Mercedes, and Marianne. I'm not gay, but just for those people who want it I would like Byleth x Claude or Byleth x Raphael just to please them. Sorry for your loss, but maybe those S supports would be added in DLC due to fan outcry?

User Info: KrimsonBlox

KrimsonBlox - 3 weeks ago