Bestiary by Jadebell
Version: 0.5 | Updated: 10/20/19
Table of Contents
- Regional Bestiary
- Regional Bestiary Notes
- Act 1 (PS4)
- Act 2 (PS4)
- Act 3 (PS4)
- Act 1 (Switch)
- Intermission (Switch)
- Act 2 (Switch)
- Act 3 (Switch)
- Bosses and Non-Regional Enemies (PS4/Switch)
- Tickington (Switch)
- Altar of Origins - Galenholm
- Altar of the Legendary Line - Cave Leading to Rendarak
- Altar of Salvation - Baramos's Castle/Baramos's Castle - Later On
- Altar of the Chosen - Imperial Pantry of Parthenia
- Altar of the Heavenly Bride - The Neverglade
- Altar of Reverie - Pillar of Pegasus
- Altar of the Forgotten Past - Rainbow Mines
- Altar of the Cursed King - Trodain Castle
- Altar of the Starry Skies - Ruby Path of Doom
- List of Enemies 001-662 (PS4/Switch)
- List of Enemies 663-740 (Switch Only)
- Acknowledgements & Thanks
- Legal Information
This is a list of monsters in Dragon Quest 11 organised by region. It is based on the PS4 version, but the PC version is identical and so PC users should be able to use this too.
I have also added sections for the Switch version's 3D mode as well. This does not cover the 3DS version, nor Switch 2D mode.
The monsters are in the order shown in the Defeated Monsters "By Region" section in-game. This can be accessed by pressing whichever button you have assigned to bring up the menu (this will be the triangle button on PS4), then selecting "Misc.", "Info", "Defeated Monster List", and "View Monsters by Region".
The tables will show common/rare item drops, EXP, and gold, as well as locations and special conditions. They will also have images showing what the monsters look like.
The regional bestiary order changes twice at major plot events. These story sections have been designated "Acts" by fans, so the regional list is divided into three acts. For completion's sake, there is also a separate section for bosses and enemies which don't appear on the regional list.
I have added Switch specific sections for the Switch's 3D mode and put the corresponding console platform in brackets in the title. Hopefully this is self-explanatory, but PS4 in brackets means the section applies to PS4, Switch means Switch, and PS4/Switch means it applies to both.
The ID numbers correspond to the PS4 version of the game at all times. I have kept them as such because it would break too many image links if I changed them at this point, plus it would simply be too confusing to have ID numbers for both PS4 and Switch when the same number can mean a different monster from each game. So, in this guide ID numbers 001-662 refer to the original PS4 monsters, while ID numbers 663-740 refer to the Switch additions.
With the exception of Tickington, I will not be covering 2D mode, for two reasons. One is time - I don't simply don't have it. Two, between the PS4 and Switch versions, I have spent over 400 hours on this game. I am burned out. At this point I don't have the inclination to go through what is going to be my sixth playthrough and get all the encounter data from all those random battles. If you want to collect that data yourself and post the info in a guide of your own, feel free to do so.
- 2018-11-04 - Initial submission.
- Act 1-2 tabular lists & boss section completed.
- 2018-12-30 - version 0.2.
- Act 3 & "bestiary by ID number" list complete.
- Added more detail for locations in "The Other Side"
- Corrected act 2 EXP/gold data for certain vicious monsters (thanks to behindtheword for noticing the discrepancy)
- Some minor corrections
- 2019-04-18 - version 0.3.
- Added images for entries 001-194 in all relevant sections
- Some formatting and spelling corrections
- 2019-09-27 - version 0.4.
- Added all remaining images in all relevant sections. Images complete.
- Some formatting corrections/changes and spelling corrections
- 2019-10-20 - version 0.5.
- Added Switch 3D mode sections for Act 1, Act 2, Act 3, Tickington and Intermission.
- Added new images for Switch monsters. Switch images complete.
- Corrected EXP/Gold values for the boss version of Act 1 monsters (thanks again to behindtheword for noticing this discrepancy)
- Some formatting/changes and minor corrections