I have only 6 hearts and I made it to Hyrule Castle. Do you actually need the master sword to slay Ganon?

1. please help me figure out if you need the master sword to slay gannon

User Info: ChubbyWarrior26

ChubbyWarrior26 - 4 weeks ago

1. You do not need the Master Sword to slay Ganon.

User Info: IfOnlyForOnce

IfOnlyForOnce (Expert) - 4 weeks ago 19   0

1. You don't NEED it, but it helps a hell of a lot, and I'm not sure but I think it gives you a better ending.

Challenging Ganon with 6 hearts is probably a really bad idea unless you absolutely know what you're doing.

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251 - 4 weeks ago 7   0
  2. If you don't know what you're doing battle-wise, I'd recommend going to that one spot (it's the Faron region, there's a bunch near a waterfall, and up top there's some more if you can avoid the Lynel). I counted about 21 to 25 durians harvested this way. (20-6, so you need only 4 cooked durians to basically max out temporary hp, not five). Then go and do the same for hearty bass.

Fun fact, if I remember correctly temporary HP and Strength up do not interfere with each other. So basically get some bananas and some durians and you'll be super-strong.

User Info: bulmabriefs144

bulmabriefs144 - 4 weeks ago
  3. The Master Sword does not contribute to a better ending.

User Info: IfOnlyForOnce

IfOnlyForOnce - 1 week ago

1. No, but unless you made a new profile after sinking many hours into the game, the fight with Ganon will be a pain. Especially since I doubt you've gotten the Divine Beasts which help in that fight

User Info: C810

C810 - 1 week ago 3   0
  2. You don't need it, but it does give a short little scene of Link drawing the Master Sword and it "activates" so to speak. That's a slight nifty perk to it.

User Info: Jacien

Jacien - 6 days ago 1   1
  3. You don't need it but it will help a ton, with 6 hearts you just die over and over, go explore at least the 4 regions of hyrule and come back.

User Info: GameChallenger

GameChallenger - 5 days ago 1   1
  4. - You do not "die over and over" just because you have a lowish heart count
    - There are far more than 4 regions in Hyrule

User Info: IfOnlyForOnce

IfOnlyForOnce - 5 days ago
  5. I wouldn't recommend taking on Ganon right now. *spoilers* for every divine beast you haven't beaten, you have to fight it in the same fight with Ganon. That's potentially a 6 phase battle.

User Info: darkdeity9

darkdeity9 - 2 days ago 1   1
  6. Yeah, ganon is easy only with the master sword,he hits like a truck!

User Info: Buddyblade

Buddyblade - 4 weeks ago 1   4
  7. Fighting Calamity Ganon with the Master Sword or any other Melee weapon is actually the much more difficult way to beat him.

User Info: MazokuXellos

MazokuXellos - 4 days ago