Can no longer tame horses. Possible DLC glitch?

1. After downloading the DLC I can no longer tame horses. Gentle horses do not buck at all and the wild horses will not stop bucking no matter how many times I hit the soothe button. From what I have heard from other sources I should take anywhere from 15-30 hits to tame the horse. However, with multiple stamina elixirs and hitting the button over 30 times I am still bucked off. I have seen threads on this before from years ago with not any solution. I have tried to archive and reinstall but that did not solve the issue.

User Info: TheOtherDavid

TheOtherDavid - 1 month ago

1. A common error is just pressing the wrong button - how certain are you that you're pressing L as opposed to ZL or another button?
    Besides that, I'd suspect a defective button - does the L button work in other contexts, like using it for runes? Does it work in other software? Does it work 100% reliably when you go to Home Menu -> System Settings -> Controllers and Sensors -> Test Input Devices?

> Gentle horses do not buck at all
    This part is normal behavior.

User Info: IfOnlyForOnce

IfOnlyForOnce (Expert) - 1 month ago 3   1