Can I beat Botw now before it's sequel comes out?

1. Hi, I love Zelda games, but I’ve been putting off buying Breath of the Wild for a very long time now. I want to know if I buy Breath of the Wild now, would I still have time to beat it (preferably near 100%) before the sequel comes out?

User Info: Omarante82605

Omarante82605 - 1 month ago
  2. Yea you can, just play the game...

User Info: RotA_Exodia

RotA_Exodia - 1 week ago
  3. Yes, but true 100% is such a grind as to not be worth it. You can complete all the shrines and get all the powers quite easily, but certain events like fully upgrading armor and collecting all korok seeds are in my opinion not worth the time for the reward (which are not that rewarding. Korok seeds give no gameplay-related reward and you will be tanky enough without fully upgraded armor).

User Info: auxygn

auxygn - 1 week ago
  4. Yeah,definetely you have time lol.You start yet bored of it after 160 hours.Exept if you are patient enough and (SPOILER) - collect the korok seeds which are 900 -.

User Info: johhnygamer

johhnygamer - 1 week ago
  5. getting bored*

User Info: johhnygamer

johhnygamer - 1 week ago
  6. do you really not think you can beat a game within 2-3 years?

User Info: JTBungle

JTBungle - 6 days ago

1. The release date for the sequel has not been announced, but you probably still have plenty of time.

User Info: 0sinium

0sinium (Expert) - 4 weeks ago 21   0

Answers

1. Don't allow anything or anyone put you off playing this game! It's a different experience which you will need to adapt to, much like any other transitional action. Don't over-concern yourself with completing every single percentage point as that might detract from the enjoyment factor more than anything possibly could. You can always use the copious guides which will help you do that anyway.

User Info: Super_cube

Super_cube (Expert) - 4 weeks ago 7   1
  2. The BOTW sequel was just announced and is likely over a year away at the bare minimum. You could probably beat the game even if you only played 10 minutes or so a day until the sequel comes out.

User Info: Poppadux

Poppadux - 2 weeks ago 6   1
  3. I was diligent (as the first guy put it). It took me two weeks to 100%.

User Info: Thirty3_1Third

Thirty3_1Third - 2 weeks ago 3   1
  4. You could beat every single Zelda game made before BoTW2 comes out.

User Info: Legendary_Musas

Legendary_Musas - 1 week ago 2   0
  5. I mean... I don't see why you wouldn't be able to. We don't even have a release date for the sequel yet.

User Info: gamerprince1999

gamerprince1999 - 1 week ago 1   0
  6. Easily. I finished the story in a week. I didn't finish all the sidequests and tempels, though.

User Info: hanasue

hanasue - 2 weeks ago 0   0
  7. Its going to be awhile. I don't know if the game will take place in Hyrule like I breath of the wild. If it does then it could be fairly a few months they just have to port the map over and make a lot of changes to the map to make it look like a few years have past and the rebuild of the castle and the castle town and other villages is making progess. And the now floating castle and the giant hole where the castle risen from is created. Then all they have to do is add new items, enemies, character, and story

If its somewhere entirely new and only the first few cutscenes will take place in hyrule until they shift over to the new location. Then it'll be a lot longer as they have to make a brand new map from scratch.

User Info: Phoneguyhello12

Phoneguyhello12 - 1 week ago 0   0
  8. Depends on how much you need to do.
    Beat it right now as soon as you're free to move around
    Complete All of the Main Quest
    Complete it 100% (DLC or not)
    It could take awhile depends on what you do but there's a lot of stuff in the game to keep you entertain till the sequel comes out.

User Info: Shadow_X5

Shadow_X5 - 1 week ago 0   0
  9. This and every other Zelda game along with it, I'd imagine. They're not long games

User Info: Kazenna

Kazenna - 1 week ago 0   0
  10. Botw doesnt really have a story like the other zeldas just beat the champians head to the castle beat ganon... And the champions are optional.... The story is optional.... I dojt think you need to even play the first....

User Info: Larpnugger

Larpnugger - 1 week ago 0   0
  11. No, if you even so much as boot up the game now that the sequel's been announced, Nintendo will send an elite death squad directly to your home to eliminate you and your entire family.

But seriously, yes you can. This is a silly question.

User Info: happynoodleboy7

happynoodleboy7 - 1 week ago 1   1
  12. Also, getting all Korok seeds is not worth it so you shouldn't worry about getting everything 100% done.

User Info: happynoodleboy7

happynoodleboy7 - 1 week ago
  13. Yes, absolutely. The sequel is NOT listed for their 2020 lineup, so you will likely have over a year and a half. Plenty of time for even a slow, 100% of the game if that's your preference.

User Info: bookwormbabe29

bookwormbabe29 - 1 week ago 0   0
  14. Probably, considering that you can beat the game in less than an hour without 100 percent it. You'd probably miss out on lots of content though.

User Info: Smar

Smar - 1 week ago 0   0
  15. it took me less than a month to beat the main story without the DLC or amibo. I got it a year ago and still haven't found all the secrets, so it's a good game if you are ever bored. Beating all the main quests only takes less than a month

User Info: pokemongirl7

pokemongirl7 - 4 days ago 0   0
  16. Yes. The release date for the sequel hasn't been announced yet. It'll be at least a year, maybe two (considering how little we got from the teaser), so any form of gameplay will be adequate, assuming you already have the game or are going to get it soon.

User Info: Megadash

Megadash - 2 days ago 0   0
  17. Tbh the sequel most likely wont be released for at least 2021 unless they use the same world. I think I 100%ed (besides Korok seeds and quests) botw in just a few hundred hours, and that's me being way over prepared and spending way too much time putting off goals. I have no doubt a worthwhile playthrough could be done in 2-3 hundred hours, if that, and you can beat it and feel satisfied before the sequel. Either way, play the game. It's too good not to lol

User Info: GalaxyChild

GalaxyChild (Expert) - 4 weeks ago 1   4
  18. Only if you're diligent. Breath of the Wild is massive. I myself haven't gotten all the korok seeds so it will likely be a long time to finish the game (more than 80 hours).

User Info: Emical_Fire

Emical_Fire - 1 month ago 1   8